[POST GAME THREAD] Minnesota defeats Georgia Southern 35-32

Hollinsanity

Reaction score
What’d ya think, Gopherhole?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once again, they did everything they could to give it away but somehow did not.

The outcome was never in doubt!
Cuz Cardiac Kids!!!

Can't believe they did it again. Something has to give eventually. You can't play every game that way.

Really feeling like we are gunna get crushed in conference play. Our OL is wretched.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I wish that Kirk Ciarrocca had taken that West Virginia job. Their offense is sooooo predictable.

What a mess.

3-0 though.

How we can't get 1 yard when we need 1 yard is mind-numbing.

Look... we got a lot of talent but don't know how to use them. Don't say we gifted them scores, they earned those scores. They won the line of scrimmage... stopped our run, and gave our OL hell. I wouldn't say they out played us, but we definitely are playing vanilla offense. Our winning late just goes to prove that we have talent at WR, but would just rather RUTM. Someone please tell Morgan to learn how to keep the ball too sometimes, or when he's on the run and out of the pocket, throw it out of bounds!

Look... we got a lot of talent but don't know how to use them. Don't say we gifted them scores, they earned those scores. They won the line of scrimmage... stopped our run, and gave our OL hell. I wouldn't say they out played us, but we definitely are playing vanilla offense. Our winning late just goes to prove that we have talent at WR, but would just rather RUTM. Someone please tell Morgan to learn how to keep the ball too sometimes, or when he's on the run and out of the pocket, throw it out of bounds!
Gifted them 4 scores actually, that needs to change quickly.

GA Southern had less than 200 yds total offense.

No matter how you try and spin it they were gifted 2 tds. Scored 2 more of off fumble recovery and a blocked kick.

They had things go their way that kept them in the game.

I wouldn't call them "gifted" because they made the plays... gifted would be like if we gave them dumb penalties and or made dumb fumbles, etc (like last week)... blocked FG, sack fumble recovery, were all legit plays.

At this point Minnesota needs to accept that they are a passing team. Its disappointing how the OL has regressed this year, but the QB and WRs are the best players on the team and should be featured in spite of the balance our staff would like to have.

Need to start throwing the bubble RPOs more and trust the outside blockers.

Sorry to be a Pollyanna, but that last drive was insane. Included a 3rd and 30. There were a number of fluke plays that went GSU’s way, and without them, it would not have been a nail biter.

When Michigan barely escaped losing to Army, they unapologetically celebrated. This is a win to be celebrated. No apology needed.

Sorry to be a Pollyanna, but that last drive was insane. Included a 3rd and 30. There were a number of fluke plays that went GSU’s way, and without them, it would not have been a nail biter.

When Michigan barely escaped losing to Army, they unapologetically celebrated. This is a win to be celebrated. No apology needed.
GSU ain't no Army.
So far the Gophers have played 3 mediocre to below mediocre games and barely won. At this moment it is hard to visualize more than 3 wins in the B1G for the Gophers.
The upside is that no Gopher fan should go into the B1G season with over expectations.

Not sure how terrible blocking that leads to a strip/fumble and blocked FG is “gifting” them anything. Gifting is what Devers did against Fresno.

Certain individuals are getting beat one on one. Can’t run, can’t pass block vs a Sun belt defense. This has been going on all season. Doesn’t bode well.

QB had a bad game early but recovered for the W.

TJ had a great game. Great hands today.

RB room very thin. Story on Ibrahim? Brooks getting close? Hopefully quick tbi recovery for Smith and Wiley.

Coaches were horse**** today. Ridiculous clock management/timeouts. Horrendous decisions on the third and fourth down plays.

Wild Cat trapped today. Need to keep them honest.

Special teams failure. Blocking scheme?? Kicking out of bounds at a critical juncture. Unbelievable.

Need to get better...2 weeks.

What are the issues with the ol??

GSU abused them all day.

GSU ain't no Army.
So far the Gophers have played 3 mediocre to below mediocre games and barely won. At this moment it is hard to visualize more than 3 wins in the B1G for the Gophers.
The upside is that no Gopher fan should go into the B1G season with over expectations.

You are right about GSU not being Army.

Army was a 22 point dog against Michigan.

GSU was a 17 point dog against the Gophers.

What are the issues with the ol??

GSU abused them all day.
I haven't seen any improvement in the OL during these NC games and wonder if we have already seen the OL at its best.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Minnesota ain’t no Michigan

We were diabolical. I hope this changes or we’ll win zero big ten games

Certain individuals are getting beat one on one. Can’t run, can’t pass block vs a Sun belt defense. This has been going on all season. Doesn’t bode well.

QB had a bad game early but recovered for the W.

TJ had a great game. Great hands today.

RB room very thin. Story on Ibrahim? Brooks getting close? Hopefully quick tbi recovery for Smith and Wiley.

Coaches were horse**** today. Ridiculous clock management/timeouts. Horrendous decisions on the third and fourth down plays.

Wild Cat trapped today. Need to keep them honest.

Special teams failure. Blocking scheme?? Kicking out of bounds at a critical juncture. Unbelievable.

Need to get better...2 weeks.

Here is the problem. GSU has gotten a lot better since their first 2 games and you did not expect that. Especially from a 2nd string QB & a defense that has underperformed.

GSU is just now catching up on both sides of the ball. There was no way the Gophers coaches could have known that! They were looking at old film!

Mostly this. We now know why the "vanilla" offense: our OL can't do anything else, and they honestly can't even do that. Man, this group is B-R-U-T-A-L. Individually there's some talent there, but as a unit they're just bad right now.

I posted this elsewhere, but I vacillate between thinking we're this year's NW (scrappy bunch that improve as the year goes on...and keep pulling out these cardiac wins) and we're this year's Illinois, scraping by an easy non-con then finishing 4-8. Guess time will tell.

Oh, and yes Morgan could rush for 50 yards per game if he kept more...but man, if he takes ONE bad hit and goes into concussion protocol we're absolutely screwed. What a catch-22.

Here is the problem. GSU has gotten a lot better since their first 2 games and you did not expect that. Especially from a 2nd string QB & a defense that has underperformed.

GSU is just now catching up on both sides of the ball. There was no way the Gophers coaches could have known that! They were looking at old film!

Good luck the rest of the way. You have some good players and your staff is better than ours.

Mostly this. We now know why the "vanilla" offense: our OL can't do anything else, and they honestly can't even do that. Man, this group is B-R-U-T-A-L. Individually there's some talent there, but as a unit they're just bad right now.

I posted this elsewhere, but I vacillate between thinking we're this year's NW (scrappy bunch that improve as the year goes on...and keep pulling out these cardiac wins) and we're this year's Illinois, scraping by an easy non-con then finishing 4-8. Guess time will tell.

Oh, and yes Morgan could rush for 50 yards per game if he kept more...but man, if he takes ONE bad hit and goes into concussion protocol we're absolutely screwed. What a catch-22.

Last year, when Annexstad went down we brought in a freshman qb.

If we did the same this year, I'm not sure we would be absolutely screwed.

Last year, when Annexstad went down we brought in a freshman qb.

If we did the same this year, I'm not sure we would be absolutely screwed.

TM hasn’t been perfect but no QB is. He’s one of the only guys consistently making plays. You want to put a true freshman behind THIS line/scheme?

Wins a win, not impressed though.

Go from setting up for FG to ice game to needing furious comeback. So tired of running inside zone over and over

Most agree, there is no such thing as a “moral victory.”

So what was this?

An “immoral victory?”
An “amoral victory?
A “moral loss?”

Top Bottom