How many people still believe?

jrb27

Reaction score
Who still believes fleck is the answer?

Not so sure anymore[emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They’ve won 6 out of the last 7. Yet what you get around here would make you believe they’ve lost 6 out of the last 7.

Wavering big time.

I keep thinking of this team next year without Tyler Johnson and that schedule.

I didn't fear it at all heading into this year.

I am baffled and stunned with what I am seeing.

I don’t know who this team is. Jekyll and Hyde.

I see flashes of greatness and flashes of stupidity. Why take the TO on the 2 pt conversion? Glad to hear the boos when we were running two minute drill and Morgan looked at the sidelines. Tanner has been here for three years and is capable of a lot, but the coaching staff needs him to look to the sidelines?

I also need some answers about the O Line. They look like they ate at Golden Corral before every game this year and can't move.

So the team has talent, but it's full of big mistakes, and the running game his awful.

The TO on the 2 point conversion and the 4th and 1 in our own zone were just awful calls.

I still believe in him and am optimistic the team will figure it out. But it is getting frustrating. Seems any week they will turn a corner and either accelerate into a consistent winner or drive off a cliff. That needs to change. They need consistency and an identity.

I think Fleck is fine and he'll make the right decisions, but I'm starting to wonder if he's going to have to fire someone again if O-line play doesn't start improving.

How we can't run the ball better than this is a bad sign going into Big Ten season.
I'm waiting for him to bring in Gary Kubiak to start teaching a zone running scheme to the guys.

I don't believe in him with regards to this season. Long term is still in question.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

No doubt he is a good recruiter/salesman, but still green on coaching. I'm hoping he'll bring in some more experienced X's and O's guy to help him learn and improve.

The “never give up spirit” of this team is something I don’t remember seeing in the Gophers in a long long time. Now, if only that was accompanied by a “don’t make stupid mistakes” spirit....

I believe for every drop of rain that falls
A flower grows
I believe that somewhere in the darkest night
A candle glows
I believe for everyone that goes astray
Someone will come to show the way
I believe
I believe
I believe above the storm the smallest prayer
Will still be heard
I believe that someone in the great somewhere
Hears every word
Every time…

I think Fleck is fine and he'll make the right decisions, but I'm starting to wonder if he's going to have to fire someone again if O-line play doesn't start improving.

How we can't run the ball better than this is a bad sign going into Big Ten season.
I'm waiting for him to bring in Gary Kubiak to start teaching a zone running scheme to the guys.
Fleck just doesn't have a very talented OL.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

It's all about chemistry.
You can't fake chemistry.

The “never give up spirit” of this team is something I don’t remember seeing in the Gophers in a long long time. Now, if only that was accompanied by a “don’t make stupid mistakes” spirit....

I like this post.

Count me as a believer. You've seen lots of Gophers teams fall behind to inferior teams. You've never seen one come back and win those games. Have you ever seen an overall talent level on the field like you see this year? Like the playres, Fleck has a TON of room to grow as a coach -- as does his stafff. It's only his 7th year as a head coach (I think). So yeah, he's got a way to go. Lots of questionable decisions today and over the past 3 years. team was very lucky to win. But I think he can build this thing into a consistent winner...I really do.

I do

But this team needs to get better up front on both sides

Fleck just doesn't have a very talented OL.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Here’s my theory: We are going to be fine...we have played 3 teams with smaller quicker defensive lines. We have done a poor job handling the quickness. We now start Big Ten play versus bigger linemen with a step down in the d-line quickness we have faced in non conference. We were not good versus stunts because of this quickness and in some cases the ability of opponents to slide through narrow cracks. Starting with Purdue we will be back to competition we are familiar with.

PJ said again today...not a ton of film on GS...team can’t be confident with that built in excuse each week. But starting with Purdue that changes.

All running backs are likely healthy versus Purdue...maybe including Brooks. This will help.

Also, I think we have been very conservative about opening the playbook...I’d think that will also change versus Purdue.

Let’s see what we look like coming out of the bye.

Last edited:

The question on PJ has always been whether his staff can coach up players to compete at the Big Ten level. Are his up tempo, low contact practice methods effective? Is the focus on recruiting and off field activities detracting from prep work? The in-game decisions make Claeys look good. He’s a gambler which can work (see last week) or backfire big time (today).

The peaks and valleys of this team are awesome and horrifying. Last season ended really well. This season has been underwhelming. Too soon to know what the future holds. I’m hopeful.

Georgia Southern was 10-3 last year with a bowl win
Fresno was 12-2 (lost to Minnesota) last year with a bowl win over Arizona St., ending the year ranked in the top 25
South Dakota St. was 10-3 losing to eventual FCS champion in two of those loses

While we should be able to beat these teams (BTW, we did) these are not badly coached losing teams. They have winning cultures.
Today Michigan St. lost to Arizona St. (the team Fresno beat in their bowl game), Maryland lost to Temple, Illinois lost to Eastern Michigan, and Purdue lost earlier to Nevada. As of right now there are three B1G teams which are 3-0, Ohio St., Penn St. and Minnesota.

We are doing fine. It seems far more like we play to the level of our competition and only decide to win in the last minute. We'll fix the low snaps, the gaps in the line, the field goal kicking, the bad decisions (4th and 1 on your own 30 with 3 minutes on the clock) etc. We beat 3 winners and learned a lot about our team. We'll be okay. And I love Fleck...

Absolutely!! I’m looking for Oars as the M in two weeks on the helmet.

The question on PJ has always been whether his staff can coach up players to compete at the Big Ten level. Are his up tempo, low contact practice methods effective? Is the focus on recruiting and off field activities detracting from prep work? The in-game decisions make Claeys look good. He’s a gambler which can work (see last week) or backfire big time (today).

The peaks and valleys of this team are awesome and horrifying. Last season ended really well. This season has been underwhelming. Too soon to know what the future holds. I’m hopeful.

I think is a huge component of how we got to 3 and O. Also, these guys put in so many hours during August alone that time in prep could be a question of too much input versus playing free.

Top Bottom