Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by scools12 View Post
    They’ve won 6 out of the last 7. Yet what you get around here would make you believe they’ve lost 6 out of the last 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Doesn't winning four out of the last five last year, and the first three this year make us 7 for our last 8?

I think he is the answer.

I have faith in him as a program builder, he seems to recruit intelligently (filling up the classes in the right way, we don't have a ton of attrition and the positions seem to be spread out well). He is a good recruiter and his players really like playing for him.

I think his decision making today was brutal (going for it on 4th, the TOs, some of the playcalling - which I know is his OC), but I haven't thought it was always brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedsmaroonandgold View Post
    Doesn't winning four out of the last five last year, and the first three this year make us 7 for our last 8?
    Whatever it is the reaction by some to the 3-0 start is weird.

IMO that has more to do with their feeling about Fleck. The OP asking this question shows that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Loblaw View Post

I have faith in him as a program builder, he seems to recruit intelligently (filling up the classes in the right way, we don't have a ton of attrition and the positions seem to be spread out well). He is a good recruiter and his players really like playing for him.

I think his decision making today was brutal (going for it on 4th, the TOs, some of the playcalling - which I know is his OC), but I haven't thought it was always brutal.
    I think one can be in the boat, yet concern.

Seems a few on here think it's black and white

Quote Originally Posted by salzie View Post

That's where I am.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedsmaroonandgold View Post
    Now you've done it...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Loblaw View Post

I think he's the answer.

And I think he has a learning curve at this level just like anyone else would. His last gig was the MAC and he wasn't even there very long. He has some things to learn and I would imagine he would be the first one to tell you that. And I think he will.
    - Respect is the ultimate currency

Obviously our offensive play calling leaves a lot to be desired. Perhaps we are so limited because of our offensive line. I see very little improvement in three games. Where is Geordie Shaw when you need him. He would do wonders with this talent.

Raises hand
    The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by salzie View Post

I still think he's right, but I'm afraid we are far more likely to finish the season 5-7 or 6-6 than 10-2 or 9-3 this season.
    We are playing like we are "younger" than we looked end of last season.

Last year we could run the ball. This year we can't.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

I still believe. Im thinking Fleck 15 year extension now is appropriate
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Me
    Go Gophers!!!

The talent level seems to be improving, so recruiting, check. As far as coaching goes, Fleck is still young. I'm hoping we see some improvement in game coaching which has been suspect. But still is our best option, so yes.

Well, I still believe he was the right hire at the time. I’m not as optimistic about our future as I was 3-weeks ago, but yeah - I still believe. What choice do we have?

Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

Quote Originally Posted by West Fargo Gopher Fan View Post
    I still believe. Im thinking Fleck 15 year extension now is appropriate
    You’ve backed down from the lifetime contract? Hang in there WFGF.

Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut