Worst loss since?

If we would have lost, I think it would have been the worst lost in my Gopher fandom.

I get that we technically had worse losses, but we had lousy/rebuilding teams. This is a team that many of us thought was a 8-10 win team this year, so this loss would have been the worst for me.

Not sure a whole lot could be worse than 2010 vs South Dakota.

Regarding it being a "lucky win"... I'm not sure on that.

Luck to me is a missed FG attempt by the team who looked like they should have won it.

Or if you are in a game where you are massively beat, you somehow find a way to win off fluke plays.
Perhaps a Pick six where the ball bounced off the receivers hand, into the air and to a player for the pick 6.

I didn't see the Gophers get a lot of "luck" today.
They did have a lot of breakdowns which would have been catastrophic more most teams / games, and some easily questionable play calls, timeouts, etc.

But not much about this win was lucky.

The lucky play was the GSU TD where it should have been called a touchback. That was lucky for GSU.

Getting stuffed on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 is either bad execution or bad play call. Both were bad, but it's not luck for the Gophers.

Coming back to win after almost losing the game could be lucky, but there was nothing about that drive that was "lucky". No broken coverage. No massive missed tackle. No flag or lack of flag that let a play stand that shouldn't. It was pretty much a well executed drive.

Not sure a whole lot could be worse than 2010 vs South Dakota.

USD was a worse team, by a lot, but that Gopher team stunk. We all knew it stunk.

So IMO, this one would have been worse considering this team's talent compared that team's talent.

USD was a worse team, by a lot, but that Gopher team stunk. We all knew it stunk.

So IMO, this one would have been worse considering this team's talent compared that team's talent.

So this loss could have been a greater disappointment, but it's not a "worse loss". Losing to whoever is your worst opponent would be a worst loss in my opinion.

GSU is currently ranked around 100, we had a lot of games against teams worse than this in prior years.

So this loss could have been a greater disappointment, but it's not a "worse loss". Losing to whoever is your worst opponent would be a worst loss in my opinion.

GSU is currently ranked around 100, we had a lot of games against teams worse than this in prior years.

That's your way of looking at it, it's certainly not mine. I've had a number of more disappointing losses that were against good football teams.

I think it's worse for a this team to lose to GSU than it was for the 2010 team to lose to USD.

That's your way of looking at it, it's certainly not mine. I've had a number of more disappointing losses that were against good football teams.

I think it's worse for a this team to lose to GSU than it was for the 2010 team to lose to USD.

Oh, I see your point.

A worse loss in a

"How the hell did we lose THAT game?" standpoint

vs a

"That's the worst team we ever played and we lost to THEM???"

From the way you are talking, our worse losses were against some better teams. I can't think of a Purdue game, Michigan game(s), Wisconsin...

Agree to disagree I guess. A 4-win FCS looked like they had better athletes than the Gophers that day.

Oh, we just can't let this thread die. 1967 2.0 should be reminded hourly the game isn't over until the final second ticks off the clock.

It's the worst loss since the loss against Fresno State last week.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

There are no * wins, anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worst loss since Dewey defeated Truman.

Worst loss since Dewey defeated Truman.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SuVaBPNgsuc?start=56" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1960 National champs lose to Purdue & Bernie Allen 23-14 at home to ruin chance at Undefeated season.
That year started off w/ a win at Nebraska before 38,000 fans.

Deweytruman12.jpg

Brilliant!

Yeah, he was a 100% negative poster.

Here’s one of his last posts:

1967 2.0
Banned

Purdue 62 Minnesota 7

Yeah, he was a 100% negative poster.

Here’s one of his last posts:

1967 2.0
Banned

Purdue 62 Minnesota 7

We gotta get that negativity out of here!
* high five *

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom