FIRE KIRK CIARROCCA!!!!

Why stop there? Most of the units on the field looked poorly coached today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing I have a problem with is the run plays in the second half were getting nowhere, and yet we still ran the same plays over and over. No screen plays either. I like Kirk though overall and think he just had a rough day playcalling. Still million leagues better than any offensive genius on Kill's staff.

Two weeks in a row, we couldn't be stopped in the last drive... I mean if we just played with some more creativity and played like we were behind, we wouldn't be in these spots.

We scored 35 points and we want the OC fired.

Progress

Despise the head coach so much that a few of these guys are mad they’re 3-0.

If running up the middle dosnt work the first few times why try it multiple times in a row? Why not try outside handoffs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Despise the head coach so much that a few of these guys are mad they’re 3-0.

I keep reading this from you but you never tell us who is mad we are 3-0. It’s like you are scheming for ghosts.

Yeah, weird that it doesn't work when they run the same play over and over and over.

I’m cool with running up the middle when its effective. And even sometimes when it isn’t. But to never run anything outside the tackles is really baffling.

Look, I remember scoring 10 against Kent St. The OC is fine. The OL sucks. I agree that he'll have to get much more creative in conference play to score points if that unit doesn't improve, but he's really had his hands tied with poor play upfront, no backup QB, and the plethora of injuries at RB today.

Last week it was the defensive coordinator and this week the offensive coordinator. The mob will come for Fleck soon.

If Tanner keeps on the first play against Purdue, I bet he gains 15 before he is touched.

wait til he opens up the playbook

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If Tanner keeps on the first play against Purdue, I bet he gains 15 before he is touched.

This is a big part of the problem. They are running inside zone read option with an offensive line that can't block and a QB that rarely keeps the ball. TM is never going to be the running threat that this scheme needs to keep defenses honest. To be successful in this scheme against better teams the offensive line is going to have to improve dramatically.

PJ Fleck's postgame comments about the scheme today were concerning. PJ said pretty definitively that they build their system and fit their players into it. It's very clear that right now this team doesn't have the line that can support this inside zone running system. It's a major problem that needs to be addressed.

We have seen this movie before...no back up QB so we become on dimensional on offense. If Tanner can't run 6-8 times per game because we have no back up then we are screwed no matter what. Time to let him run until he gets hurt or the season ends...its football, we have to play the game fully.

We have seen this movie before...no back up QB so we become on dimensional on offense. If Tanner can't run 6-8 times per game because we have no back up then we are screwed no matter what. Time to let him run until he gets hurt or the season ends...its football, we have to play the game fully.

They also need to end the Seth Green wildcat experiment. I don't think I've seen Seth attempt a pass or hand the ball off this year (would love to see the stats on this). Seth is basically trying to beat 8 guys keying on him. There is no way this a better strategy than simply running the normal offense on a per play basis, especially outside the 5.

And may be, just maybe we get our tight ends involved. Otherwise we are wasting scholarships at that position.

I think this is probably an overrated problem. With the Oline struggling so bad the tight ends are having to stay home and block. Better line play means more snaps for pass catching TE's. The problem is the line play here, not the scheme.

This is a big part of the problem. They are running inside zone read option with an offensive line that can't block and a QB that rarely keeps the ball. TM is never going to be the running threat that this scheme needs to keep defenses honest. To be successful in this scheme against better teams the offensive line is going to have to improve dramatically.

PJ Fleck's postgame comments about the scheme today were concerning. PJ said pretty definitively that they build their system and fit their players into it. It's very clear that right now this team doesn't have the line that can support this inside zone running system. It's a major problem that needs to be addressed.

The Gophers don't run zone read, which is why Morgan rarely keeps the ball. It's an RPO, not a zone read.

Morgan doesn't run the ball much because designed QB runs have never been a significant part of the Ciarrocca offense and probably never will be. Also, not running the QB doesn't make the offense one-dimensional. The RBs can run the ball.

The Gophers don't run zone read, which is why Morgan rarely keeps the ball. It's an RPO, not a zone read.

That's meant to be inside zone, read option. They do run inside zone (listen to PJ's postgame comments).

Top Bottom