Regardless of how this game turns out, Fleck gets an F

It wasn't his best game, but they won.

He's just a salesman... and I'm starting to think his coaches aren't that great either.

It wasn't his best game, but they won.

I’ll take the win. I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt, and have been a generous grader whenever they have won. Not today. Going for it on 4th down, in the first half, deep in his own territory is enough to earn an F. No point in rehashing the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The time out usage is getting really old.

Last year I was patient with it because kids are learning, but at this point, the need to use them all so frequently just looks like we have too many guys not knowing what to do in certain situations.

I’ll give him a D because they won.

Oh, sorry for having an opinion... u mad I am afforded and opinion bro?

Ha. Scools is on every thread defending PJ’s honor right now.

Ha. Scools is on every thread defending PJ’s honor right now.

Yea I am.

Some of you despise him so much you’re actually mad they’re 3-0.

It as if you would be happier if they were 0-3. Then you could pat each other on the back for thinking your right about PJ.

Bottom line: on a day where so manyB1G teams struggled and a bunch lost, Gophers found a way to pull it out against a team of reasonable quality. Others didn’t.

3-0.
How awful for you.

It’s alright you can still hate PJ. They will lose a few times this season. That will cheer you up.

Fleck annoys me, but I don't hate him.

What makes me mad is that I thought we would have a good team this year, but we're going life and death with mediocre teams in the nonconference. Will we win 2 games against Big Ten opponents? I predicted 8-9 wins this summer, but now I'm not confident of five.

I'll take 3 wins in dramatic fashion as a sales point to keep Fleck and his staff. The team is winning. Yes, it feels like the non conference during the Mason years, but we won't know if we only win 3 conference games for a while. I would certainly not fire Fleck for winning now. I am still riding the Wisconsin game and beating Georgia Tech in the bowl. Won't wear off for a while.

What makes me mad is that I thought we would have a good team this year, but we're going life and death with mediocre teams in the nonconference. Will we win 2 games against Big Ten opponents? I predicted 8-9 wins this summer, but now I'm not confident of five.

So the Gophers probably aren’t as good as you thought or hoped they would be.

Look at this way. If they can get 3 more wins they go bowling. What’s wrong with that?

As a wise many once said “Enjoy the season”. Get over the head coach. He ain’t going anywhere.

Yea I am.

Some of you despise him so much you’re actually mad they’re 3-0.

It as if you would be happier if they were 0-3. Then you could pat each other on the back for thinking your right about PJ.

No one is mad they are 3-0, but please continue.

I'm not sure which of their upcoming opponents has really impressed you. I suppose you'll say Wisconsin, but then again, they haven't played anyone, and the Gophers did crush them last season.

Lots of mistakes made by the players and the staff today. A win is a win but this team aint winning a bunch of big ten game if they don't clean it up.

No one is mad they are 3-0, but please continue.

Don’t worry Spoofin you still complain and take you shots at the head coach for not playing the way you want them to these first 3 games.

Don’t worry Spoofin you still complain and take you shots at the head coach for not playing the way you want them to these first 3 games.

But did I do that? Other than going for it on 4th up 8 at your own 35 and use of TOs at the end I don’t think I have said anything about PJ in this game. I have said lots about our OL and overall play - but you will see what you want to see. In the end, I’m disappointed. I want us to fail.

But did I do that? Other than going for it on 4th up 8 at your own 35 and use of TOs at the end I don’t think I have said anything about PJ in this game. I have said lots about our OL and overall play - but you will see what you want to see. In the end, I’m disappointed. I want us to fail.

I don’t believe you want them to fail.

Its ok to criticize coaching decisions after a win. There were some bizarre ones.

-timeout usage was absurd, especially using a timeout for a 2 point conversion that didn't mean a whole late (that late in a game, down 4 or down 6, we can't get a FG and 7 wins it).
-after burning the timeouts, there were some times where we couldn't get the plays called in for what seemed like forever with the clock running
-even before we got stuffed, I was wondering why we were going for it on our side of the field 4th and 1 with an 8 point lead and the ball coming our way second half

That said, even if the 2016 detractors' standards would tell you we are 3*-0, there are plenty of teams this year who had pretty soft out of conference schedules and wish they were 3*-0 right now.

So the Gophers probably aren’t as good as you thought or hoped they would be.

Look at this way. If they can get 3 more wins they go bowling. What’s wrong with that?

As a wise many once said “Enjoy the season”. Get over the head coach. He ain’t going anywhere.

Those are incredibly low standards.

I want PJ to be successful because I love the Gophers. I had season tickets for 15 years and have spent a ton of time and money on the program and I am a rabid fan. This idea that people criticizing Fleck want him to fail is absolutely lunacy. Stop playing that card, it's pathetic.

Today was an F for the coaches. If we win 6 games this year, the season is D+/C- (if there are injuries) for the coaches.

Lots of weird calls, including time-out calls in this one. Green is called in when he shouldn't be and not called in when he should be. We give them the ball on our 35 in the first half (???). Morgan was the coach today.

I'll take 3 wins in dramatic fashion as a sales point to keep Fleck and his staff. The team is winning. Yes, it feels like the non conference during the Mason years, but we won't know if we only win 3 conference games for a while. I would certainly not fire Fleck for winning now. I am still riding the Wisconsin game and beating Georgia Tech in the bowl. Won't wear off for a while.
Mason usually blew teams out out of conference. I won't say this team can't get it together, but they need to fix slot of things the next two weeks or Purdue is going to be ugly

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom