Today’s Game

Dakota Gopher

Reaction score
I need some advice and I’m sure this is the place to get it. I may make an impromptu trip to the game today with family. What’s the best way to get four tickets when I get to the stadium?

If you go to the ticket booth on the backside of the stadium and buy tickets day of game, they waive the per ticket fee.

We're STH folks but there's plenty of scalpers approaching the plaza deck...and the ticket office over at Mariucci is open. I'll leave it to others to be more definitive than that.

Guessing you can buy them officially, online at gophersports.com, if you'd rather go that route. They email them to you and you just bring the barcode up on your phone, I believe?

Stub Hub has them for as low as $24/ticket. After fees I’m guessing you could do better on the street.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get them online before or when you get there (phone) or scalpers.

I've bought tickets on the street many times, but the most recent time I was sold tickets that were purchased with a stolen credit card and therefore invalid. Even though it's just one data point out of many, that soured me on buying from scalpers and I stick with Stubhub for the most part. As somebody mentioend above, you can even buy on Stubhub with your cell phone and instantly use them. At other sporting events I've often waited until just before kickoff and gotten great deals on SH since people start panicking and lowering prices to make sure they get something.

But if you want the best deal, yeah, it's usually a scalper. I assume if you find somebody selling actual hard tickets (like a STH who can't use them all) you're probably safe. This as opposed to bought online and printed out, which is what burned me last time.

I've bought tickets on the street many times, but the most recent time I was sold tickets that were purchased with a stolen credit card and therefore invalid. Even though it's just one data point out of many, that soured me on buying from scalpers and I stick with Stubhub for the most part. As somebody mentioend above, you can even buy on Stubhub with your cell phone and instantly use them. At other sporting events I've often waited until just before kickoff and gotten great deals on SH since people start panicking and lowering prices to make sure they get something.

But if you want the best deal, yeah, it's usually a scalper. I assume if you find somebody selling actual hard tickets (like a STH who can't use them all) you're probably safe. This as opposed to bought online and printed out, which is what burned me last time.
And StubHub will cover you if you buy fishy tickets through them.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom