STrib: Gophers QB Tanner Morgan aims to build on 'perfect' pass at Fresno State

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Megan:

Chris Autman-Bell somehow got one foot inbounds to make a spectacular 20-yard touchdown catch and force overtime in the Gophers’ 38-35 win at Fresno State a week ago.

But someone had to toss that pass.

“A lot of people talk about Chris’ catch. Not enough people are talking about the throw,” Gophers coach P.J. Fleck said. “Tanner Morgan put that exactly where that needed to be with a guy in his face and getting hit.”

Offensive coordinator Kirk Ciarrocca agreed, saying the great throw — on fourth-and-13 with 46 seconds to play — “had to be perfect, and it was perfect.”

Morgan minimized his role somewhat. The sophomore was more impressed with the coaching staff’s trust to call the gutsy play and the players’ confidence to enact it.

“There was no doubt in that huddle,” Morgan said. “And again, all I did was just give the chance to make a play.”

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...ld-on-perfect-pass-at-fresno-state/560289962/

Go Gophers!!

Thanks for posting these Bleed.

I wish this throw and catch had happened on a bigger stage as it was incredible.

I’m still seeing comments about Morgan being just “fine” or “adequate,” in some of these prediction articles. The word “good” is never used to describe his game. He’s going to have to do a lot over a long stretch of games to change that perception. Maybe he doesn’t care.

Yesterday, Mason said he has thought he was just “average,” but that throw got his attention, so he’s starting to hedge on his assessment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I’m still seeing comments about Morgan being just “fine” or “adequate,” in some of these prediction articles. The word “good” is never used to describe his game. He’s going to have to do a lot over a long stretch of games to change that perception. Maybe he doesn’t care.

Yesterday, Mason said he has thought he was just “average,” but that throw got his attention, so he’s starting to hedge on his assessment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I missed Mason’s segment but glad to see he took notice.
Glad Tanner has 2.75 more years to wear the maroon and gold.

Last edited:

Top Bottom