***OFFICIAL GEORGIA SOUTHERN AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Both Blaise and Faalele blown up on the 3rd and short. Not good.
Schleuter, Blaise got pushed backwards on the 4th and short.

No Green on either short yardage play. Maybe the worst drive of the year in terms of sobering performance.

This is typical Gopher FB. The team gets hyped up in the off-season and all the fans think that this is going to be our year. Then the season starts and reality sets in, i.e. we are not as good as we thought we were.
And yet I fall for it every year lol. I don't think I've ever made it out of Non conference with expectations intact. But I guess it makes the rest of the season easier to handle...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The team we have seen through 6 quarters is not going to win more than three conference games

Edit: 10 :confused:

Last edited:

3 missed non-calls that changed the 1st half...
1) DB holding the Gophers jersey all the way down the field on the 3rd down pass. Should've resulted in a 1st down.
2) Offsides on the 4th down. I liked the call to go for it. Should've been a 1st down on the 5 yd offsides.
3) The missed fumble out of the end zone. He never had control while crossing the goal line. However, this wouldn't have happened had they called the offsides.

It happens- missed calls. I get it.

Gophs pull away in this one.

And yet I fall for it every year lol. I don't think I've ever made it out of Non conference with expectations intact. But I guess it makes the rest of the season easier to handle...

So do I...so do I....

Considering how we played the first half of last season and improving in the second half. We beat Wisconsin on the road, GT in the bowl game, and the massive defensive improvement I had a lot of optimism going into this season. I think everyone had a reason to be optimistic.

That sequence deserves its own podcast. Horrible decision and nearly as bad play call. Also what was with the first two offensive plays? Morgan has a bad throw and is almost picked off on first pass, then the second pass you go and do the same thing again.

How about the rushing to the line on 3rd down? Seems to get stuffed more than the few times it ever works. We suck at it. Then like was said, a nonchalant go for it on 4th down with a basic call. Just terrible. What a dumb call by Fleck. Those are the kind of stupid decisions that get you beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The team we have seen through 6 quarters is not going to win more than three conference games

I worry that we do not have an offensive line or explosive back that can take advantage of teams that scheme against our receivers. But we also don’t have a quarterback that can be consistently good at getting the ball to receivers when he must force it into smaller coverage windows.

I just got on here, where is Kamal Martin?

I agree the 4th down play call was suspect
Still, they had 2 plays to get 1 yard, and both times our OL got spanked. OL needs to get mean in those situations.

Georgia Southern believes more than ever now. Nice job on that 4th down PJ.

Wow, I just got home in time to see the Gophers going for it on 4th and 1 on their side of the field. What in the world...?

It showed that the Gophers were taking GSU for granted because they did so well against Georgia Tech and they were drubbed by LSU.

Well folks. Gophers are not LSU. Georgia Tech is not GSU.

Let's hope they wake up and eke out a win.

I've always thought that as the O-Line goes, so does the Gophers season. Big galoots does not mean strength and quickness. We really missed Jared Weyler's play calling from the end of the season.

It appears the Defense are not maintaining gap discipline.

PJ Fleck needs to throw a chair or something at half-time.

Rodney Smith hurt, Ibrahim out. Sad.

I worry that we do not have an offensive line or explosive back that can take advantage of teams that scheme against our receivers. But we also don’t have a quarterback that can be consistently good at getting the ball to receivers when he must force it into smaller coverage windows.
Im more worried about the OL then I thought I would be

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

So...we're not as good as LSU? :)

Interesting that ISU looks so good against Iowa today after barely escaping in OT vs. UNI a couple weeks ago. Weird things early in the season. But I think we can all agree that MN is not nearly the team we'd hoped in the offseason. Improvement is obviously still possible as there's a lot of talent out there, but it's definitely concerning.

I guess the silver lining is the young running backs are getting reps.

Wiley needs to put two hands on the ball in traffic. Disaster waiting to happen. Otherwise he looks athletic.

Do we know why Mo is out? I haven't heard anything but thought it was very weird our 4th RB was getting carries.

No word on tv about why Mo is out, but they will struggle to win this game within Mo. GaS QB fumbled out of the EZ on his TD run, proven by replay. Huge turn of events at end of half. Gotta get some good drives to start the second half or this game will look a lot like the last two, nail biters

TM#2 having trouble putting the ball on the numbers.

O line gets beat by a simple stunt up the middle again...again....and again. Jeez. It's not that hard.

So they play Green now? What the heck.

Top Bottom