***OFFICIAL GEORGIA SOUTHERN AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Thru three games I don’t think barber has filled the correct hole or made a tackle

I’m waiting for the “Fleck is doing this to make sure the team is ready for tight games” narrative from the Fleck apologists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear God, we better turn this around. I can’t handle another week of folks explaining why GSU is actually a really good team.

Folks can’t handle another week of you complaining.

Well GSU is back in the game. GSU 20 - Gophers 21 at he half.

GSUs offensive line is much better than the first 2 games.

If we have another characteristic 3rd quarter its ballgame.

Is every touchdown reviewed in CFB? Or is it only during the last few minutes?

Folks can’t handle another week of you complaining.

Is your constant complaining about complaining any better? Get a clue.

PJ Fleck/Kirk Ciarrocca are Morons. Honestly

If you're going to run inside to end the first half, kneel the ball down and not risk a fumble or injury. Idiots

This new defensive holding emphasis seems to have hurt the Gophers D. I thought part of last year's late season improvement was the D-line's ability to keep blockers off the linebackers. The Gopher's defense started sucking against SDSU when the defensive holds started getting called. This game, a running touchdown with good downfield blocking shortly after a D holding call. Ominous?

I can’t understand the 4th and 1 call with no Seth Green.

We just handed them a touchdown. Close game, 4th on your own 35, you punt: Football 101. PJ either made the call or approved it. Utterly stupid basic football. Kick it deep and hold them in their own territory - you might even get the ball back. One of the worst calls in years. Utterly stupid.

Fumble through the endzone.

I think they would have held up the TD, because once the tip of the ball crosses the goal line it is a TD and the play is over. So if he crosses the goal line with the tip of the and then starts to fumble, it is still a TD, because the play was dead before he started to fumble the ball. It was so close, that the refs likely wouldn't have enough incontrovertible evidence to overturn the TD.

This new defensive holding emphasis seems to have hurt the Gophers D. I thought part of last year's late season improvement was the D-line's ability to keep blockers off the linebackers. The Gopher's defense started sucking against SDSU when the defensive holds started getting called. This game, a running touchdown with good downfield blocking shortly after a D holding call. Ominous?
Renners been called three times on holds

Gophs not nearly as good as everyone hoped in the offseason -- that's pretty clear. Talent is there, execution is garbage and coaching questionable. OL is especially concerning in the run game. Pass pro has improved (though still not acceptable), but zero push against outmanned opponents.

This team needs polish in every area — coaching, offense and defense. I like that they were trying to open things up a bit with getting the ball to TJ. But they are so erratic. It’s frustrating.

I think they would have held up the TD, because once the tip of the ball crosses the goal line it is a TD and the play is over. So if he crosses the goal line with the tip of the and then starts to fumble, it is still a TD, because the play was dead before he started to fumble the ball. It was so close, that the refs likely wouldn't have enough incontrovertible evidence to overturn the TD.

The ball was clearly loose before he hit the goal line.

The Gopher run game continues to have no imagination and to yield lean results. Less than 4 yds per carry this game, about 3 in the other two games.

That includes TM#2 getting sacked for -13 yds otherwise 4.9 yds/carry

We just handed them a touchdown. Close game, 4th on your own 35, you punt: Football 101. PJ either made the call or approved it. Utterly stupid basic football. Kick it deep and hold them in their own territory - you might even get the ball back. One of the worst calls in years. Utterly stupid.

Yes. And if you are idiotic enough to go for it put a package in that is at least designed for the best chance to get a half damn yard!

Gophs not nearly as good as everyone hoped in the offseason -- that's pretty clear. Talent is there, execution is garbage and coaching questionable. OL is especially concerning in the run game. Pass pro has improved (though still not acceptable), but zero push against outmanned opponents.

This is typical Gopher FB. The team gets hyped up in the off-season and all the fans think that this is going to be our year. Then the season starts and reality sets in, i.e. we are not as good as we thought we were.

Thru three games I don’t think barber has filled the correct hole or made a tackle

He's really been a total nonfactor, I agree. I'm not sure if he's playing really poorly, hurt, or getting schemed on by OCs. But you really don't hear his name much unless it's to point out a mistake.

That sequence deserves its own podcast. Horrible decision and nearly as bad play call. Also what was with the first two offensive plays? Morgan has a bad throw and is almost picked off on first pass, then the second pass you go and do the same thing again.

Is it possible that the Gophs top three running backs are all hurt now? And Bryce Williams, the fourth option, is coming off an injury?

Top Bottom