Eddie Money, 'Two Tickets to Paradise' singer, dies at 70

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the AP:

A publicist for Eddie Money said the rock star has died after he recently announced he had stage 4 esophageal cancer. He was 70.

Cindy Ronzoni provided a statement from the family and said Money died Friday morning in Los Angeles.

The husky-voiced, blue collar performer was known for such hits as "Two Tickets to Paradise" and "Take Me Home Tonight." In 1987, he received a best rock vocal Grammy nomination for "Take Me Home Tonight," which featured a cameo from Ronnie Spector.

"It is with heavy hearts that we say goodbye to our loving husband and father," the statement said. "It's so hard to imagine our world without him, however he will live on forever through his music."

He announced his cancer diagnosis via a video last month from his AXS TV reality series "Real Money." In the video, Money says he discovered he had cancer after what he thought was a routine checkup. He said the disease had spread to his liver and lymph nodes.

Money said it hit him "really, really hard."

http://www.startribune.com/family-eddie-money-two-tickets-to-paradise-singer-dies/560237942/

Go Gophers!!

AXS TV was showing a documentary about the "US" Festival in the 1980's. Eddie Money was one of the musicians they interviewed, and they showed a clip of him doing "Gimme Some Water."

I watched a little bit of his reality series, and he seemed like a decent guy.

Top Bottom