Celebrating The Bank's 10th Anniversary

IceBoxGopher

Reaction score
Gophers Youtube channel put this out today.

Of the three Big Ten stadiums that the Badgers are undefeated in, TCF is my favorite.

Here's the biggest problem at TCF.

They changed the logo at the top of the scoreboard and it DOESN'T FIT THE SHAPE OF THE SCOREBOARD.

Sad that 2 on the list are wins over a MTSU & a post-2007 Illinois squad.....

Place still feels new to me. Enjoy going there every time. In those 10 seasons, I have only missed two games... both due to my kid's high school hockey season opening weekend out of town. Last home game of the season in 2015 and 2017. So, ironically, this year will be the first time I have been able to watch a Gophers/Badgers game in person since 2013. I also missed a half a game in 2015 due to a rare Saturday conflict with my other son's high school football schedule. I literally ran out of the HS stadium and had my wife drop my father-in-law and me off at TCF Bank Stadium, where I could still catch the second half of the Gopher game. Other than that, I have been at every one of them .

In addition to the moments shared in that video, I actually have some fond memories of the electric atmosphere of a couple losses: Cal in 2009 and Ohio State in 2014. I feel the video blew it in including the MTSU game over the much more memorable night win over Syracuse. Loved that one.

Place still feels new to me. Enjoy going there every time. In those 10 seasons, I have only missed two games... both due to my kid's high school hockey season opening weekend out of town. Last home game of the season in 2015 and 2017. So, ironically, this year will be the first time I have been able to watch a Gophers/Badgers game in person since 2013. I also missed a half a game in 2015 due to a rare Saturday conflict with my other son's high school football schedule. I literally ran out of the HS stadium and had my wife drop my father-in-law and me off at TCF Bank Stadium, where I could still catch the second half of the Gopher game. Other than that, I have been at every one of them .

In addition to the moments shared in that video, I actually have some fond memories of the electric atmosphere of a couple losses: Cal in 2009 and Ohio State in 2014. I feel the video blew it in including the MTSU game over the much more memorable night win over Syracuse. Loved that one.

Same, gone to every game (I think every one...) and it still feels like a new stadium. It has aged well in 10 years.

The current scoreboard is dated. The main scoreboard should be long and wide and tall and be put on the top of the closed end of the stadium. When expansion occurs lol it can be built into the expansion but it would be in a much better location. The current scoreboard would work well as the second scoreboard.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The current scoreboard is dated. The main scoreboard should be long and wide and tall and be put on the top of the closed end of the stadium. When expansion occurs lol it can be built into the expansion but it would be in a much better location. The current scoreboard would work well as the second scoreboard.

Wait what ? Put the main scoreboard farther from the field where 30% of the fans either have to turn around from the field to see it, or can't see it at all?

I imagine the Illinois highlight was added because of the circumstances around Celestin. It was also Fleck's first Big Ten win. Definitely agree that a better game than the MTSU match could have been included, though.

Crawford tufts catch against Iowa. Decker's catch against Cal. Gray rushing TD to beat Iowa.

If instant replay wasn't available....Leidner to Wolitarsky 23 yd td pass to win the Little Brown Jug.

The Syracuse game, the Michael Carter sequence, Santo’s FG and the subsequent Cedric Thompson pick, Maxx’s Emaculate Reception...I have a few.

The Syracuse game, the Michael Carter sequence, Santo’s FG and the subsequent Cedric Thompson pick, Maxx’s Emaculate Reception...I have a few.

Some intern googled Gopher Football Highlights and made a video. No thought was put into it. Anyone who has followed Gopher football since TCF opened could pick some better highlights.

Same, gone to every game (I think every one...) and it still feels like a new stadium. It has aged well in 10 years.

Ditto. They do a nice job of keeping it cleaned. Also the maroon on the 2nd deck ring and the band pit got a fresh coats of paint this year. They could touch up the west end gates (scratched up) and block M's (fading from sunlight). Maybe next year.

In the last few years I have tended to wander around more and it has just confirmed how well thought out the build was. Great viewing throughout.

Lots of great memories, I'll never forget the atmosphere at that Halloween game against Michigan State. Also have great memories from concerts, Vikings games, MN United games, and other events. The stadium is a great asset to the University and perfect for the Gophers.

Say, wasn't the onsides kick against Iowa from 2011 game?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Just get rid of the ads on both sides

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom