Carter Coughlin

NoelarBear

Reaction score
Was at the Fresno Game. He is clearly still not 100% from fall camp and the first game with what I assume is a groin injury. Got a sack against Fresno which was nice to see. But only played on 3rd downs really.

Very interested to see how Fleck uses him against this week against GS with a bye the week after before we start Big Ten play.
Would be nice if he could rest up this week so we can get him ready for Purdue.

Last edited:

Was at the Fresno Game. He is clearly still not 100% from fall camp and the first game with what I assume is a groin injury. Got a sack against Fresno which was nice to see. But only played on 3rd downs really.

Very interested to see how Fleck uses him against this week against GS with a bye the week after before we start Big Ten play.
Would be nice if he could rest up this week so we can get him ready for Purdue.
(Yes, I know I spelled his name wrong...my bad)

It's Karder Kofflin. I think.

Really hoping that Carter doesn’t play this week, so his injury gets two weeks to heal. If we need him to beat Georgia Southern, we are in trouble.

Really hoping that Carter doesn’t play this week, so his injury gets two weeks to heal. If we need him to beat Georgia Southern, we are in trouble.

I wouldn't mind seeing Rodney Smith sit as well. He looked gimpy after a kickoff return in the 4th.

It will be nice to sit him with the Bye Week afterwards allowing him to rest and heal.

If he doesn’t play that’s 3 weeks between games. Which is nice.

Somewhere around the locker room, stadium, practice facility, and wherever else athletes spend time....there should be some signs with "#45 Empire" slogans. Coughlin has been the prime example of what a hometown player can be. Great player on and off the field. We were super lucky to have a player of his caliber have as much pride in this program (considering the state that it was in) as he did.

I certainly won't forget his impact. And I definitely look forward to rooting him on for whatever team (please not the packers) he plays for in the NFL.

BUT WE STILL HAVE A FULL SEASON TO PLAY!!!!

Somewhere around the locker room, stadium, practice facility, and wherever else athletes spend time....there should be some signs with "#45 Empire" slogans. Coughlin has been the prime example of what a hometown player can be. Great player on and off the field. We were super lucky to have a player of his caliber have as much pride in this program (considering the state that it was in) as he did.

I certainly won't forget his impact. And I definitely look forward to rooting him on for whatever team (please not the packers) he plays for in the NFL.

BUT WE STILL HAVE A FULL SEASON TO PLAY!!!!

“Considering the state it was in”? What state was it in? It was not in a bad state when he committed. It was on the rise. Kill had it in tremendous shape compared to where it had been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a big fan of Carter's - particularly for staying home. I wish other big in-state recruits would follow his lead. There haven't been many historically that believe enough in the program (and basketball) to stay (just my opinion and conjecture).

Top Bottom