What If WMU Had Beaten Wisconsin?

By all accounts, Fleck BADLY wanted the Oregon job but wasn't able to land it.

I don't think the outcome of the Cotton Bowl had any bearing on our ability to hire PJ.

"All accounts"?

Was this something we can pull up somewhere?

"All accounts"?

Was this something we can pull up somewhere?

I refuse to learn how I click on page 3 of the "Uniform Thread" and see a PJ wanted to be at Oregon discussion going on. Can ANY thread stay on topic and not turn into a PJ "Hate'em/Love'em" discussion? It's getting embarrassing. I almost feel like there should be 2 different football forums within the football forum. 1 where the people can discuss the football program who like PJ, or at least don't want to fire him anytime he hugs his wife. And the other forum can be for everyone who wants to see him fired or just don't personally like the guy. I feel like everything would be so much more enjoyable for everyone on here!

I refuse to learn how I click on page 3 of the "Uniform Thread" and see a PJ wanted to be at Oregon discussion going on. Can ANY thread stay on topic and not turn into a PJ "Hate'em/Love'em" discussion? It's getting embarrassing. I almost feel like there should be 2 different football forums within the football forum. 1 where the people can discuss the football program who like PJ, or at least don't want to fire him anytime he hugs his wife. And the other forum can be for everyone who wants to see him fired or just don't personally like the guy. I feel like everything would be so much more enjoyable for everyone on here!

This isn't the uniform thread...

Would the Gophers have been able to hire Fleck had the Broncos gone 13 - 0?

I say no.

Probably would have still hired him, but the pay cut he took would have been smaller, perhaps.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably would have still hired him, but the pay cut he took would have been smaller, perhaps.....

Beat me to it. Glad I read the whole thread before quoting the OP off the first page and inadvertently plagiarized your joke.

Urban Meyer, just off the top of my head, laughably disproves your assertion. I'm certain that there are many others in "decades" as well.

I think you missed his point. His point was about a guy leaving the MAC directly for a P5 job. PJ Fleck was 100% locked into some P5 job directly from the MAC, whether it be MN or somewhere else.

Urban Meyer didn't even get a P5 job straight out of the MAC.

Last edited:

Frank Lauterbur probably had the best consecutive seasons performance of any MAC head coach. 23-0 and then Iowa called.

Sorry, I'll try to do better.
But he started it.

Of course we would have still got him. He had a very short list of dream jobs and was only going to leave for one of them. We had all the leverage.

Nearly 40 posts and this thread is still on topic. Seems to me you had a gripe locked and loaded and picked a poor thread to shoot it. What exactly did you expect when you clicked on this thread?

Of course we would have still got him. He had a very short list of dream jobs and was only going to leave for one of them. We had all the leverage.

That's probably why we got him to come here with a paycut.
Gotta give Coyle credit for that.

/s

Top Bottom