College GameDay

If you're a 3 loss team, maybe even 2, it makes sense to avoid November night games. However, when you're undefeated... you have to take the primetime slots. With the way this season has played out, they have to edit/undo that decision.

If enough people send emails to the right people, and the right people are swayed ... things can happen.

Not sure how much lead time would be needed to switch from 230pm to 630pm game time. Workers have to be notified etc. at a minimum.

If enough people send emails to the right people, and the right people are swayed ... things can happen.

Not sure how much lead time would be needed to switch from 230pm to 630pm game time. Workers have to be notified etc. at a minimum.

They decided the Nebraska game was a night game only a few weeks before. Maybe even 2 weeks

If/when we beat Maryland and Penn St beats Michigan St, I would agree with an email/social media blitz by fans to get the PSU game moved to prime time.

I think it’s a valid idea, worth a shot.

Fans got the river flats tailgating overturned this year.

I know the weather forecast can change a million times between now and Nov 9, but Accuweather has that day as a low of 30 and high of 47.

Play the game at night!

Hell Brookings SD is hosting next week for SDSU, hopefully we can make a push to get it

Now that our game is #6 vs. #17 per the writers and #6 vs. #16 per the coaches, with the Gophers playing Maryland here and Penn State making a trip to Michigan State, we certainly have a better shot than we once did. There is a chance to climb higher because some of the ranked teams above us are looking at potential losses, such as Wisconsin against Ohio State. The big barrier remains LSU at Alabama on the same day. Right now that's a #2 at #1 game from the writers poll and #3 at #1 in the coaches poll. There hasn't been a 1 vs. 2 regular season game since the Bayou Bengals and Crimson Tide met in 2011. Alabama faces Arkansas first and should win fairly easily. LSU hosts Auburn who are #10 in the coaches poll and #9 in the writers poll. LSU seems to be a cut above Auburn, but anything can happen. To get Gameday we need Auburn to win and bump LSU down the ladder a few places to take the shine off that Alabama game. Without that bit of help, a #1 vs. #2 game would be nearly impossible for ESPN to resist.

Last edited:

We’re screwed. They passed on LSU because they didn’t want them twice in 3 weeks. Alabama-LSU is a lock at 1-2. They might still go to that game even if LSU loses to Auburn.

September 19th against Iowa, book it.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Listen as a NDSU fan with 2 college gamedays, our fanbase watches them and follows then religiously.. if they are stumped, they usually pick a place CLOSE to the game they want the following week for logistics, etc.

therefore GAMEDAY WILL BE IN MINNESOTA THE FOLLOWING WEEK

BE Happy about this and thanks to NDSU , lil podunk brookings will get gameday (they dont even have a Home Depot! Or target) haha

I'll be at Brookings and Dinkytown.back 2 back weeks cant wait

Rece Davis explains it here https://twitter.com/ReceDavis/status/1186000298113994753?s=09

Last edited:

Listen as a NDSU fan with 2 college gamedays, our fanbase watches them and follows then religiously.. if they are stumped, they usually pick a place CLOSE to the game they want the following week for logistics, etc.

BE Happy about this and thanks to NDSU , lil podunk brookings will get gameday (they dont even have a Home Depot! Or target) haha

Do they have an Olive Garden?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Ehhh, wrong. The Gophers have a "bye" week after next week before the Penn State game. So they'll have another gameday in between Brookings and Week 11.

There isn't much to back that theory. This season alone during one stretch the show went in order from Clemson to Jerry World in Arlington to Austin (okay that backs the theory) to Iowa State to Georgia to Nebraska to Florida to LSU to Penn State to South Dakota State.

When Gameday went to NDSU in 2013, it was a week after being at Texas A&M and a week before being at Georgia. In 2014, it was a week after being at Oregon, which made some sense, but then the next week the show went to Florida State instead of somewhere closer in the Midwest.

Gameday goes where the big games are or where there's a good story or atmosphere if there's no obvious big game.

We need Auburn to beat LSU in Baton Rouge, end of story.

Ehhh, wrong. The Gophers have a "bye" week after next week before the Penn State game. So they'll have another gameday in between Brookings and Week 11.

crap theory shot! . ok guess they are going just for NDSU.

then in 2 weeks GOPHERS/PENN STATE. book it.

crap theory shot! . ok guess they are going just for NDSU.

then in 2 weeks GOPHERS/PENN STATE. book it.

friend of a friend works for Gameday. She claims that gophers only shot is against wisconsin. They are most likely going to lsu bama on the 9th.

I’m pumped for SDSU! Lots of my family went there and Brookings is a nice college town.

So NDSU and SDSU both get GameDay before MN. OK then.

And St. John's got SportsCenter on the road which was pretty much just like GameDay.

not really the same. NDSU also had the sportscenter thing, its early and wasnt that big a deal , but after 2 college gamedays it's hard to compare

there will be 5000 NDSU fans, 5000 Sdsu fans itll look cool on tv

not really the same. NDSU also had the sportscenter thing, its early and wasnt that big a deal , but after 2 college gamedays it's hard to compare

there will be 5000 NDSU fans, 5000 Sdsu fans itll look cool on tv

It's pretty much the same except it's a regular SC instead of GameDay. At St. John's there were 5,000-10,000 that came out for it.

The AthDept at Minnesota still doesn’t get it. The wins are coming but the fatal flaw of the program is still a tepid game atmosphere and getting fans and the nation excited.

This is Minnesota and it’s only early November. Layer up and let’s...I dunno...build an atmosphere around this whole cold thing?

Totally agree with you here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nebraska had game day, right?
SDSU with game day.

Anyone else we played.

Another aspect is the fact the the ESPN and the SEC are one and the same. ESECPN will always show SEC love over anyone else (maybe except Herbie and OSU). ESPN knows where the money is and as awesome as it would be for them to come to the U, sadly the money coffers say stick to the SEC.
But the U vs Dinksconsin would be nice also.

Another aspect is the fact the the ESPN and the SEC are one and the same. ESECPN will always show SEC love over anyone else (maybe except Herbie and OSU). ESPN knows where the money is and as awesome as it would be for them to come to the U, sadly the money coffers say stick to the SEC.
But the U vs Dinksconsin would be nice also.

That’s really what it boils down to, SECPN bought a huge investment into them to counter B1G! That’s why they get so much love, high rankings, etc so they don’t lose money promoting them for bowls, CFP, etc. I believe even if they went to an 8 team playoff they would find a way to make sure 3-4 SEC teams make the playoffs

Does this mean our game against SDSU matters now? I don't really buy into the Game Day hype, but it does give great exposure to the schools.

maybe gophers should play NDSU next year or 2 and guarantee gameday ;)

Top Bottom