Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: College GameDay

I think if we’re 8-0, and Penn State is even 7-1, then GameDay coming here will be a good chance. Trophy game, we’d both be ranked (hopefully we’re in the teens), awesome East vs. West Big Ten matchup, it’d be a potentially historic game. I don’t see how GameDay could pass us up, other than unfavorable weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Livingat45north View Post
    Pass on Tiegen. Legend would get the nod if he's in town. Peter Najarian would also be good -- not sure if he's known enough outside of financial markets though. I'd still like Diggins the best, but I imagine she's probably into some hard core training about then.
    Now that I think about it, it could be Whalen.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis View Post
    Now that I think about it, it could be Whalen.
    Lizzo, Whalen, or Reeve

Penn State has to beat @Iowa, Michigan, and @Michigan State to be 8-0. They will be top 5 if they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis View Post
    Best chance for College GameDay right now is either against PSU or against Whisky if both teams somehow still unbeaten. Why that would be better than the Game.

1. Two unbeaten teams.
    2. Oldest rivalry
    3. The Axe
    4. Opportunity for Corso to spin Goldy's head
    5. Jucy Lucys
    FIFY.
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by mjfelton15 View Post
    I think if we’re 8-0, and Penn State is even 7-1, then GameDay coming here will be a good chance. Trophy game, we’d both be ranked (hopefully we’re in the teens), awesome East vs. West Big Ten matchup, it’d be a potentially historic game. I don’t see how GameDay could pass us up, other than unfavorable weather.

Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers7NatTitlesBadgers0 View Post
    Yes

If we were in the burbs or just outside the MPLS/St. Paul area I bet we wouldn’t have to as much. Maybe somewhere like Eden Prairie, Woodbury, etc.

The U would need to be a good hour or more outside the metro for its impact to be less.

Quote Originally Posted by U2Gopher View Post
    None of we don’t win 3 more games. Can we focus on Nebraska please.
    Whatever we as fans choose to focus on has zero impact on the outcome of any games.

If we're both 8-0, CGD will be here. Who will be Minnesota's celebrity game picker? Robert Zimmerman is probably a long shot. I'd vote for Jessie Diggins.
    Pass on Tiegen. Legend would get the nod if he's in town. Peter Najarian would also be good -- not sure if he's known enough outside of financial markets though. I'd still like Diggins the best, but I imagine she's probably into some hard core training about then.
    It's interesting that you're wondering who a celebrity picker would be, and then keep bringing up non-celebrities. Jessie Diggins? Pete Najarian?

Yes

No one outside of the governors of Minnesota and Pennsylvania take the trophy seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    It's interesting that you're wondering who a celebrity picker would be, and then keep bringing up non-celebrities. Jessie Diggins? Pete Najarian?
    Guess it all depends on your definition of celebrities. I consider both of them to be in that category. Another name is Tony Dungy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers7NatTitlesBadgers0 View Post
    No one outside of the governors of Minnesota and Pennsylvania take the trophy seriously.
    I'm willing to bet many have no clue about it until someone tells them about it.

Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    The U would need to be a good hour or more outside the metro for its impact to be less.
    What could have been, if the main U campus had been in Rochester near the Mayo Clinic. We’d be top 5 (public) in medical research grants and Gopher teams would be less in the shadow of Cities pro teams.

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    Whatever we as fans choose to focus on has zero impact on the outcome of any games.
    You think these 18-22 year olds aren’t looking at what’s being written about them and wouldn’t be susceptible to buying into the hype? I search for Gopher news more than I care to admit and I’m a 35 year old fan.

Quote Originally Posted by PoockItInfor6 View Post
    You think these 18-22 year olds aren’t looking at what’s being written about them and wouldn’t be susceptible to buying into the hype? I search for Gopher news more than I care to admit and I’m a 35 year old fan.
    Do you know any current or former Gopher football players? The ones I know have said they don't know what Gopherhole is. Maybe they are in the minority but I doubt it.