WCCO: PJ Fleck explains why it was more than football that brought him to Minnesota

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per WCCO:

Before PJ and Heather Fleck made the decision to leave Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo, MI., they knew that their next location had to offer opportunities that were greater than just football.

Entering year three of PJ's coaching tenure with the Minnesota Gophers, the Fleck family is making a profound impact on the University’s Masonic Children’s Hospital and they know they made the right decision.

“It had to be a city that we could create our own fund, through a Children’s Hospital, and be able to serve a purpose way greater than ourselves,” Fleck said during ‘Hey It’s Cory Hepola’ on News Talk 830 WCCO. “To be able to do something that I think is one of the first of its kind in college football. Our slogan is directly tied to a fund, directly tied to the University’s Children’s Hospital.

We don’t make any money off of ‘Row the Boat’ in terms of gear or shirts sold. All of that money goes right into the Masonic Children’s Hospital and the ‘Row the Boat' fund.”

Fleck’s in-studio appearance came as a complete surprise to Hepola, who was noticeably shocked with coach walked through the door.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://wccoradio.radio.com/blogs/hey-its-cory-hepola/gophers-coach-pj-fleck-830-wcco

Go Gophers!!

I like Fleck, he's got personality!

I hope that short little wife lifting coach is here for a long long time!

He has to win to do that though.

Nothing to do with PJ, love that giving back to the community is so important to him, but what kind of ad-wizard decided that "Hey It's Cory Hepola" was a good idea for a show title? And what producer/executive agreed with them?

Nothing to do with PJ, love that giving back to the community is so important to him, but what kind of ad-wizard decided that "Hey It's Cory Hepola" was a good idea for a show title? And what producer/executive agreed with them?

Pawnee, Indiana wants to steal the show as the opener to "Ya Heard, with Perd"

Top Bottom