How is Miller still at AZ?

Nothing to see here. Right Built?

As a local top recruit packs his bags to go see Miller....

And gh bitches as the local kids leave.

Level playing field indeed.

CBS: Ex-Arizona assistant coach reportedly says he paid $40K to change Rawle Alkins' high school grades

A transcript of a recording related to the college basketball recruiting scandal indicates Arizona assistant coach Emanuel "Book" Richardson claims he paid $40,000 to a high school coach to ensure Wildcats recruit-turned-signee, Rawle Alkins, qualified academically.

Yahoo Sports reported the findings on Wednesday citing a court record of a transcript that had not been previously reported from a conversation between former agent Christian Dawkins, former Adidas consultant Merl Code and Richardson, who made reference to paying the amount so Alkins could be eligible to play as a freshman for the Wildcats in 2016-17. From the report:

"So, again, is it something different each year?" Richardson said, generally referencing having to financially support recruits' families. "It is. Like I said, $40,000 to do that was totally extreme. If I had the chance to do it all over again, I would not do it. I'd try to barter something. I'd give blood. I'd give semen, something."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...0k-to-change-rawle-alkins-high-school-grades/

Go Gophers!!

Typical, the rich get richer and the poor get NCAA sanctions.

Nothing to see here. Right Built?

As a local top recruit packs his bags to go see Miller....

And gh bitches as the local kids leave.

Level playing field indeed.

Why do you think that i think there is nothing to see here ? I have never said that. Miller should be fired. Not a level playing field. Quit lying about what i say. What does it say about kids and families that take the bag. This state is full of kids and families that would never take a bag. Lots of kids have left without getting paid. Quit lying about what i say or feel. There is professional help for unhealthy obsessions.

Why do you think that i think there is nothing to see here ? I have never said that. Miller should be fired. Not a level playing field. Quit lying about what i say. What does it say about kids and families that take the bag. This state is full of kids and families that would never take a bag. Lots of kids have left without getting paid. Quit lying about what i say or feel. There is professional help for unhealthy obsessions.

Point out a lie I have told about you have said.

Agreed on your last point - have you sought help for your UVA, UW, Tony, Gaard obsessions?

The FBI has Miller on tape discussing a 100k bribe - has has nothing come of that? LSU mothballed their coach for basically the same behavior.

Point out a lie I have told about you have said.

Agreed on your last point - have you sought help for your UVA, UW, Tony, Gaard obsessions?

I can’t provide a supporting opinion on the Gaard comment but I can surely understand how a fellow Gopherhole contributor can appreciate what Tony did for VA or how MN fans would love to have the record that WI has had in the tourney over the last 20 years.

If you can’t acknowledge achievements of others than just your own, then maybe you need to re-evaluate. Just saying.

And what does it say about kids and families that still go to a school that cheats to win? They may not take the money themselves, but the endorse the method by playing for that school!

And what does it say about kids and families that still go to a school that cheats to win? They may not take the money themselves, but the endorse the method by playing for that school!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

bilt

As a current resident of AZ, this school came out early in their support of Miller and they are not turning back. Multiple reports of them having in-depth discussions with Miller and backing his word that he knew nothing. U of A basketball in Tucson is bigger than anything else...and it’s not even close.

The guy is still recruiting Top 10 classes despite all that has come out.

IMO, it says nothing. Many of these families don't have a lot of money and there is clearly a ton of cash floating around college basketball. If someone wants to pay you for playing basketball, I have no issue with them taking the money.

As a current resident of AZ, this school came out early in their support of Miller and they are not turning back. Multiple reports of them having in-depth discussions with Miller and backing his word that he knew nothing. U of A basketball in Tucson is bigger than anything else...and it’s not even close.

The guy is still BUYING Top 10 classes despite all that has come out.

FIFY

That they have to decide for themselves what they stand for and support. I do not support cheating, sexual assualt, crimes, not stressing actual academics. Only speaking for myself.

UNC proved that the NCAA has no balls and no teeth. Other universities have realized it is much easier, cheaper, and less painful to just deny, deny, deny.

The guy is still recruiting Top 10 classes despite all that has come out.

I read a story during the season last year talking about the liability of firing Miller without solid cause.
Miller could sue arguing he was innocent and with nothing proven the school risked huge financial repercussions eventually settling with Miller...defamation etc etc
So, until someone proves something the schools don’t dare fire these guys for “rumors”. This is what I heard as why these guys still have jobs.

Maybe BobLoblaw can weigh in?

I read a story during the season last year talking about the liability of firing Miller without solid cause.
Miller could sue arguing he was innocent and with nothing proven the school risked huge financial repercussions eventually settling with Miller...defamation etc etc
So, until someone proves something the schools don’t dare fire these guys for “rumors”. This is what I heard as why these guys still have jobs.

Lack of institutional control should be enough if you ask me, as head coach he is responsible.

Tell that to Louisville, Syracuse and UCONN.

Hmm, except for Syracuse, all those violations happened after their high profile coaches were gone. And did they get hit hard? I don't think so.

UCONN is no Blue Blood in men's basketball. The Calhoun effect is pretty much over and so are they.

I don't think they'd have any issue firing him, as Jovs said, "lack of institutional control". If he sued the school, the school would also be allowed to rigorously defend itself with any information they have or could find, I don't think it would be pretty for Sean Miller.

I do not believe Arizona would be concerned about Sean Miller suing them.

Top Bottom