Game times

mjfelton15

Banned
Reaction score
What games do you predict the Gopher’s will be playing that won’t be set for 11am start? Or what game(s) do you think we’ll land a night game?

Curious for family members, that have to ask off from work in advance, so that they can make it to the games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Game times are dictated by TV, and will depend on how the season plays out.

No night games. That has to be determined before season starts.

Not anymore it does not. They got rid of that. So night games can be determined during the season. They got rid of that rule about before seasson last year or year before. But that rule about announcing before season is gone.

i'm not 100% certain, but i think this isn't true. i believe they can move games to night games during the season.

You don’t think we could get Penn State at night?

Unlikely- I think the B1G has done away with the official "no night games in November" rule, but still find it hard to believe they'd give us a night game that late in the season (cold weather concerns).

Unlikely- I think the B1G has done away with the official "no night games in November" rule, but still find it hard to believe they'd give us a night game that late in the season (cold weather concerns).

Good point. It would be sweet to play them under the lights at home though.

This information is both old and currently not correct. Night games NO LONGER have to be determined before the season starts. Wrong.

This information is both old and currently not correct. Night games NO LONGER have to be determined before the season starts. Wrong.

There are a few 4:40 and 5:40 starts possible as well which belong to other conferences but could be used by the BIG depending on there hot games. Usually late in the season. If the Iowa game is a big game, that could be moved to evening.

There are a few 4:40 and 5:40 starts possible as well which belong to other conferences but could be used by the BIG depending on there hot games. Usually late in the season. If the Iowa game is a big game, that could be moved to evening.

Correct- the last time we played in Iowa City (October 2017) the game kicked at 5:30.

No one has mentioned this, but night games no longer have to be decided prior to the season starting. Oh, and the Big Ten does allow evening games in October.

No one has mentioned this, but night games no longer have to be decided prior to the season starting. Oh, and the Big Ten does allow evening games in October.

Thanks! I've been looking everywhere for the answer to this.

Seriously though, this is one thing I really dislike about college football. It's hard to plan anything if you have no idea what time the game will start.

That's the cost of the truck loads of TV money that gets pumped into Big Ten schools. The conference and the schools have agreed that it's worth it.

So...do we have an answer to the original question or not?

So...do we have an answer to the original question or not?

I have seen people accurately speculate on kickoff times in the past (comparing other games to make educated guesses). I'm surprised nobody did that this time. Perhaps the depth of distraction provided by Highwayman's spectacularly inaccurate post has just been too big to overcome.

I have seen people accurately speculate on kickoff times in the past (comparing other games to make educated guesses). I'm surprised nobody did that this time. Perhaps the depth of distraction provided by Highwayman's spectacularly inaccurate post has just been too big to overcome.

So, the same as it ever was?

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Top Bottom