SI: Ranking the Most Bizarre Coach Quotes of This Century (#5. Fleck, Minnesota)

I don't get it - people find a non-linear visual representation of success too difficult to understand?

Nah...talking about ups and downs and peaks and valleys on the path to success is just too hard to understand and clearly bizarre

Why do you equate someone thinking that speech and drawing a chart to show it at a press conference was bizarre to them not understanding a non-linear line? No one has said they didn’t understand it or were confused - just that it was bizarre. It was. If you feel so strongly then you should let this writer have it for putting PJ on this list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do you equate someone thinking that speech and drawing a chart to show it at a press conference was bizarre to them not understanding a non-linear line? No one has said they didn’t understand it or were confused - just that it was bizarre. It was. If you feel so strongly then you should let this writer have it for putting PJ on this list.

This chart was displaying what is a very simple message, and it was delivered in a very basic way. Every financial planner has the same chart and delivers the same simple message in the same basic way. I'd venture an educated guess that most businesses have used similar charts in similar ways. I have a wall hanging in my office that says "Success Isn't a Straight Line", and I bet I'm not the only one. The concept is ubiquitous in life and business.

I would invite you to kindly explain what you found so bizarre about it that you would insist to another poster that if he didn't find it bizarre he must not remember it correctly.

I would invite you to kindly explain what you found so bizarre about it that you would insist to another poster that if he didn't find it bizarre he must not remember it correctly.

Follow along please.
The poster said he didn’t think anyone remembered the speech. I quoted his post, bolded that sentence, and then said he clearly doesn’t remember it. So to answer your question - I said he must not remember it because he said he didn’t think anyone remembered it.

Top Bottom