PFF: Bateman 3rd highest graded receiver in the country through week 2

PitinoFan

Banned
Reaction score
RASHOD BATEMAN, MINNESOTA – 88.1 OVERALL GRADE

Bateman only has 12 receptions through the first two games of the season, but 11 of those 12 receptions have gone for first downs. Bateman has picked up yardage in chunks with 237 receiving yards on just 46 routes run, good for a yards per route run total of 5.15 yards. He’s had a couple of nice jump cuts to leave potential tacklers in his wake along with securing several contested catches over the middle of the field. The highlight of his season to this point, though, came on a one-handed grab down the sideline that went for a touchdown.

https://www.pff.com/news/college-pf...-receivers-in-college-football-through-week-2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bateman has a chance to be a truly special player. I love TJ, he has developed into a really good receiver over his time here but Bateman is a true WR and has the ability to be a superstar in college and potentially in the NFL.

I know TJ is drawing a lot of defensive attention at the moment but I don't think it will be long before a big chunk of that focus shifts over to Bateman. Will probably happen before the end of the season which of course is great news for TJ as it will open him up more.

Wide Receiver U

We kind of seem to be headed that way to a certain degree. Which is crazy considering how much of a struggle it has been to recruit WR here in the past.

We kind of seem to be headed that way to a certain degree. Which is crazy considering how much of a struggle it has been to recruit WR here in the past.

It didn't help that there are junior high coaches with more sophisticated passing schemes that what was run under Kill/Limegrover. I would have been curious to see how Claeys/Johnson would have done given more time. Fleck/Ciarrocca certainly have more in the grab bag than what we're used to although I wish the TE would be incorporated into the equation a bit more.

As for Bateman, he's a special talent. I get that recruiting is tough, but I find it hard to believe that he was under the radar for all the SEC teams until late given that he played in the heart of SEC country. I'm not prone to hyperbole, but he truly has the chance to be something special at this level and in the pros. He has that "easy" speed. He is very fast and he's faster than he looks. Going way back, he reminds me of former Viking WR John Gilliam and Packers' WR James Lofton.

It didn't help that there are junior high coaches with more sophisticated passing schemes that what was run under Kill/Limegrover. I would have been curious to see how Claeys/Johnson would have done given more time. Fleck/Ciarrocca certainly have more in the grab bag than what we're used to although I wish the TE would be incorporated into the equation a bit more.

As for Bateman, he's a special talent. I get that recruiting is tough, but I find it hard to believe that he was under the radar for all the SEC teams until late given that he played in the heart of SEC country. I'm not prone to hyperbole, but he truly has the chance to be something special at this level and in the pros. He has that "easy" speed. He is very fast and he's faster than he looks. Going way back, he reminds me of former Viking WR John Gilliam and Packers' WR James Lofton.
The depth of talent in the state of GA is ridiculous, so you're bound to have a few slip out of the Southeast. Luckily, we had a kid who was fully on board despite the late SEC interest. Paying off for both parties.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I agree. He makes everything look easy. He could easily be a 1st or 2nd round pick next year. As far as I can tell, he doesn’t have a glaring weakness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom