Visiting Locker Rooms

Wish I could change that title to "Visitor Locker Rooms", the "Visiting Locker Rooms" title makes this sound like a thread that Penn State's Jerry Sandusky would like. Admins, please change it if you get a chance...

Texas denies it but then again the previous team had warned LSU about it ...

Iowa's pink locker rooms are just good fun, shutting off AC is being a jerk.

I remember the Gophers asking to borrow some heaters the Vikings had stored at TCF for an Ohio State (I think) game and one of our assistants complained about it publicly. We took the high road and provided the heaters to Ohio State, I liked that.

Last edited:

Wish I could change that title to "Visitor Locker Rooms", the "Visiting Locker Rooms" title makes this sound like a thread that Penn State's Jerry Sandusky would like. Admins, please change it if you get a chance...

3, 2, 1...............

During the Brew era I knew a player on the team and he said when they went to Illinois they shut the hot water off in the visitor locker room shortly after the game. Seems like kind of a chicken sh*t move to me, "oh we lost the game, we'll show you!!". I hope that the Gophers don't do that sort of childish stuff to opponents.

UMD Hockey also painted the visiting team locker room Pink back in the late 80's...

& once in high school after defeating Warroad on their home ice, they shut off the hot water to our locker room....

During the Brew era I knew a player on the team and he said when they went to Illinois they shut the hot water off in the visitor locker room shortly after the game. Seems like kind of a chicken sh*t move to me, "oh we lost the game, we'll show you!!". I hope that the Gophers don't do that sort of childish stuff to opponents.

Yes, the above stuff is BS and should not happen. On my flight back to Vegas I sat next to a guy who works for Fresno State as a plumber. He had worked our game the night before at the stadium. He told me that for a stadium Fresno's size they are required by the NCAA to have two plumbers on duty plus a set number of AC/Heating guys, electricians, etc. for every game. So it sounds like these things should not happen very often. Its really Bush League if its purposeful. Go Gophers!

For a program as prominent as Texas to not have AC working is just crap.

Wasn't Michigan complaining about Purdue?

PJ was asked about it for our visiting teams and he said we treat our visiting teams very well.

Wasn't Michigan complaining about Purdue?

If I recall correctly, that rant was primarily over whether there were x-ray facilities at the stadium. Harbaugh wasn't happy that a player had to go by ambulance to a hospital a few blocks away for an x-ray. That lead to broader complaints about the facilities at Purdue, including the lack of working AC.

Top Bottom