CBS College Football Rankings Top 100 (#63. Minnesota; 0-2 Miami at #50)

People only care about power five results, regardless of how easy it is to prove how good a Mountain West team is. It will take B1G wins to change this perception.

I hate weighted averages in polling. It skews the actual records to mean more than what they actually happen to be. 0 - 2 is not winning. And any team with a 2 -0 record should be above them considering that this is the cup cake schedule for the 0 - 2 team. Minnie didn't play the cupcake games of the little sisters of the poor. We didn't play the lingerie league B team. We definitely played the C and D cups.

If you are going to play group of five games, you need to play the trash of group of five.

Not good teams.

Georgia State, 2-0, including their win over Tennessee, is ranked 96th. (Tennessee is 111th, just ahead of Vanderbilt at 112 -- lookin' good there SEC...)

Miami lost to the #9 team Florida, and to North Carolina which is ranked #32 but rose from #62 after beating Miami. So they are basing this all on Miami pre season expectations and who they played.

We beat SDSU in a come from behind game and Fresno in a come from behind miracle fashion. So, I guess it's not surprising to be ranked behind a College Football Blue blood who has had a rough start.

What we should be upset about is being ranked behind:

Cincinnati (1-1) beat UCLA (who hasn't) and got crushed by Ohio State

Troy (1-0) Beat Campbell (who?)

Appalachian State (2-0) beat E. Tenn St and Charlotte. Great resume!

SMU (2-0) beat Ark. St and North Texas. They didn't beat Texas CBS, but NORTH Texas.

Arkansas St. (1-1) Lost to SMU and beat UNLV.

Is there a sports book which would NOT favor us against any of these teams regardless of the location? I highly doubt it.

CBS's ranking logic is flawed.

If I read it right, Gophs actually dropped from last week's ranking. With the number of teams, it really comes down to personal perceptions this early. Gophs just need to continue to win and they will rise.

Not only is Miami 0-2, but Wisconsin crushed them 35-3 in the bowl game a couple weeks after we crushed Wisconsin. Some teams get the benefit of the doubt based on the logo on their helmet.

As for this ranking, it has to be an oversight, because dropping 21 spots after a road win over a 12 win, top 25 team from a year ago doesn’t make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Missouri won this week in dominant fashion at home over WVU and dropped 24 spots, after losing to WY on the road the week before.

Top Bottom