Fleck isn't planning any changes to halftime routine despite third quarter dips

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Megan:

Third-quarter dips

Over two games combined, the Gophers in the third quarter have been outgained 310-105 in yardage and outscored 25-7, with Minnesota’s only points coming on Chris Williamson’s pick six against South Dakota State.

Fleck, though, said he isn’t planning any changes to the halftime routine as a way to bump the second half starts.

“I don’t like to get things in our players heads of, well, it’s just the third quarter. It’s the whole game,” Fleck said. “We have got to start fast, accelerate in the middle and finish strong. … We have got to be able to execute from the start of the game to the end of the game and not have any holes.”

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-shannon-brooks-plays-different-role-as-knee-recovers/559870232/

Go Gophers!!

We have started both 2nd halves on D this year. I believe just playing better, and with a larger sample size, the stats will level. The “halftime adjustments” thing is vastly overrated. I can’t remember the name of the “expert” I heard recently, but they said - wisely - that there are many adjustments being made all the time, all game long.

Well, we haven’t changed anything at halftime yet so why start now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have started both 2nd halves on D this year. I believe just playing better, and with a larger sample size, the stats will level. The “halftime adjustments” thing is vastly overrated. I can’t remember the name of the “expert” I heard recently, but they said - wisely - that there are many adjustments being made all the time, all game long.

I remember Kill & Co getting credit for halftime adjustments. And IIRC I remember having the impression that at the half those teams did come out and defensively would do a pretty good job .... but offensively we hardly ever came back from anything....

Top Bottom