Big Ten’s top 25 players for 2019-20 (#22. Daniel Oturu)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Inside the Hall:

22. Daniel Oturu, Minnesota (6-foot-10, center, sophomore)

Oturu is one of the league’s best returning big men and his inclusion on this year’s list is a bet that he takes a step forward in his second season. He led Big Ten freshmen last season in rebounding and blocks and averaged a respectable 10.8 points on 55.1 percent shooting. The graduation of Jordan Murphy means there will be more opportunity for Oturu to beef up his numbers on the glass after a very solid start as a freshman. In league games last season, he was the Big Ten’s fifth best defensive rebounder and 12th best offensive rebounder.

The next step for Oturu is improving his free throw shooting (61.5 percent) and staying on the floor. In Minnesota’s offseason trip to Italy, Richard Pitino said that Oturu struggled with foul trouble, but also noted that he noted that he shot 3-for-5 on 3s on the trip.

https://www.insidethehall.com/2019/09/09/big-tens-top-25-players-for-2019-20-25-21/

Go Gophers!!

per Inside the Hall:

22. Daniel Oturu, Minnesota (6-foot-10, center, sophomore)

Oturu is one of the league’s best returning big men and his inclusion on this year’s list is a bet that he takes a step forward in his second season. He led Big Ten freshmen last season in rebounding and blocks and averaged a respectable 10.8 points on 55.1 percent shooting. The graduation of Jordan Murphy means there will be more opportunity for Oturu to beef up his numbers on the glass after a very solid start as a freshman. In league games last season, he was the Big Ten’s fifth best defensive rebounder and 12th best offensive rebounder.

The next step for Oturu is improving his free throw shooting (61.5 percent) and staying on the floor. In Minnesota’s offseason trip to Italy, Richard Pitino said that Oturu struggled with foul trouble, but also noted that he noted that he shot 3-for-5 on 3s on the trip.

https://www.insidethehall.com/2019/09/09/big-tens-top-25-players-for-2019-20-25-21/

Go Gophers!!

I'm not sure what surprises me more, that he made three of five threes or that he took five threes.

I'm not sure what surprises me more, that he made three of five threes or that he took five threes.

Pitino is definitely encouraging him to shoot some this year if he is open, but not more than 2 or 3 a game, so he was right about there on the Italy trip. He has shown a descent shot when he steps away from the basket.

I would rank him no worse than 18 and would have Gabe top 25.

I would rank him no worse than 18 and would have Gabe top 25.
I agree, I think both are under the radar because neither made all freshman, but both will carry a much larger load this year

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom