Heather & PJ

Ha! There's a lot of Fleck Bro-mancers out here. They are very protective.

Bingo. Half the guys on here think it is strange that she ran out there and wrapped her legs around him and the other half are wishing it was them wrapping the legs around him.

I think it is unprofessional and not really appropriate. I think it is was intentional for TV on their part. Maybe keep that stuff in the tunnel. Unless I am reminded, in my 50 plus years watching sporting events, I have never seen a coach and wife/girl friend do this so prominently for the world to see after the tilt. At least maybe have some Gopher colors on. My wife and daughter thought it was tacky.

I guess I am in the middle. I don't think it is a big deal and don't care too much. But also realize it is part of the show and to get attention, but that is the world we live in today. It's like watching a 15 minute baby gender reveal video on the internet. Doesn't mean they aren't genuinely excited about the baby, but it is also a way to draw some attention to yourself. Either way not a big deal.

Clara Bierman did the same thing to Bernie after the 1940 Michigan game and I don’t remember hearing anyone complain.

What a dumb gripe.
60a019a783b9e0179e6448f06b642137.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I guess I am in the middle. I don't think it is a big deal and don't care too much. But also realize it is part of the show and to get attention, but that is the world we live in today. It's like watching a 15 minute baby gender reveal video on the internet. Doesn't mean they aren't genuinely excited about the baby, but it is also a way to draw some attention to yourself. Either way not a big deal.

You don't honestly believe it was all for the cameras do you? The whole sideline was going nuts, jumping up and down and hugging each other. I get that Fleck does a lot to build the brand but that was just a celebration on the sideline after a game winning play. It wasn't choreographed or all for the cameras it was an affectionate couple celebrating a huge moment in a very stressful down to the wire game. Man some people are really jaded. This is nothing like a baby gender reveal which is absolutely all for the look at me aspect.

To be fair most in here seem to get it but anyone that really thinks that was anything more then a genuine moment of celebration is really looking hard for a reason to not like Fleck or to be offended about anything and everything he does.

You don't honestly believe it was all for the cameras do you? The whole sideline was going nuts, jumping up and down and hugging each other. I get that Fleck does a lot to build the brand but that was just a celebration on the sideline after a game winning play. It wasn't choreographed or all for the cameras it was an affectionate couple celebrating a huge moment in a very stressful down to the wire game. Man some people are really jaded. This is nothing like a baby gender reveal which is absolutely all for the look at me aspect.

To be fair most in here seem to get it but anyone that really thinks that was anything more then a genuine moment of celebration is really looking hard for a reason to not like Fleck or to be offended about anything and everything he does.

I have a different opinion about it then you. Not sure why that would anger you so badly unless you are very insecure in your ideas and arguments.

I saw the title and thought there was some kind of adversity between them...nope just the lamest thread I've seen on GH and I've seen some lame ones. Give me a good EOAA or who throws a better spiral thread any day of the week!

How has this thread gotten 7 pages without anyone doing a side by side of Fleck and Heather with Glen Mason in the arms of Mark Ryan after the 99 Penn State win.....amazing.

Heather & PJ

I am going with it was all planned by the Flecks.

They knew exactly how the game was going to play out and came up with this jump in my arms wrapping your legs around me gimmick just for the cameras.

They knew the precise moment when the cameras would be on them. It was all for show and attention.

GHolers are not fooled by them.

I'll preface this with I know some people are going to say I'm being stupid but I want to hear others perspective.

Does anyone else find it weird, immature, silly, inappropriate...whatever language you want to use here...that Heather is wrapping her legs our PJ at center field after a road win at Fresno?
We can talk about some of her outfits too but it just seems so weird how much they act like a couple in middle school.
PJ seems so aware of perception around so many details about his program and then when it comes to this topic he is completely unaware that she is 1 of the only power 5 wives who is on the field immediately after every game.
Whether you're an assman or a boobman, Heather Fleck is a hottie

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

There is always something to talk about in GH Land to rile up the restless natives.

It was an exciting finish. They celebrated. I think this all gets tempered and a second look because we are in a social media driven world and he and Heather are savvy marketers of their "brand" through social media.

Heather & PJ

Nm. That wasn’t nice.

Last edited:

Did I notice that and have a minor cringe moment? Yes (as I do other things I see...)
but in the end, I tell myself, who gives a sh*t. They're happy. We're happy.

Just be happy...

I had no issue with it. Actually, I found it less annoying than when they basically send personal notes to each other on Twitter. Even that I find less annoying than when anyone posts pictures of what they are eating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going with it was all planned by the Flecks.

They knew exactly how the game was going to play out and came up with this jump in my arms wrapping your legs around me gimmick just for the cameras.

They knew the precise moment when the cameras would be on them. It was all for show and attention.

GHolers are not fooled by them.

How does that saying going? Sarcasm is the highest form of wit? Right on par with the rest of your autobots that all have to think the same thing around here.

Bingo. Half the guys on here think it is strange that she ran out there and wrapped her legs around him and the other half are wishing it was them wrapping the legs around him.

Guilty.

GOLD

I had no issue with it. Actually, I found it less annoying than when they basically send personal notes to each other on Twitter. Even that I find less annoying than when anyone posts pictures of what they are eating.

Laundry time treats! [emoji1782]
9b78329f7828adbf45bcdb987e0fec3c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

^^100%

I'll preface this with I know some people are going to say I'm being stupid but I want to hear others perspective.

Does anyone else find it weird, immature, silly, inappropriate...whatever language you want to use here...that Heather is wrapping her legs our PJ at center field after a road win at Fresno?
We can talk about some of her outfits too but it just seems so weird how much they act like a couple in middle school.
PJ seems so aware of perception around so many details about his program and then when it comes to this topic he is completely unaware that she is 1 of the only power 5 wives who is on the field immediately after every game.

This part of your post I actually agree with

I never heard anyone criticize or make an issue out of Urban Meyer and his wife on the sidelines/field/podium after the Buckeye games and the emotion they have showed numerous times. I do have issues with people who bring wives, and family into the discussion. You got a problem with PJ say whatever you want as he is a tough guy and can handle it, but leave the wife, kids and family out of it.

More power to them. As a couple, they endure a lot of stress. If PDA is their thing, it's perfectly okay with me. Heather does a lot for the program and the players.

With PJ's responsibility on steroids, any time they can share an important moment is great.

Mr. and Mrs. Rescooter have been married 39 years. We both have stressful jobs, but we also are very affectionate (even in public). Heather and PJ should keep it up. It is very refreshing to see a HC and wife enjoying each other.

This is not only a Fleck thing either. Check out Colorado State's Mike and Lainie Bobo. Lotsa PDA at the CSU/MN game (and they lost!!).

Mr. and Mrs. Rescooter have been married 39 years. We both have stressful jobs, but we also are very affectionate (even in public). Heather and PJ should keep it up. It is very refreshing to see a HC and wife enjoying each other.

This is not only a Fleck thing either. Check out Colorado State's Mike and Lainie Bobo. Lotsa PDA at the CSU/MN game (and they lost!!).

Rescooter - Congratulations are in order! Your wife/best friend being there together sharing in all the passions, trials, and tribulations in life is something very special.

I never heard anyone criticize or make an issue out of Urban Meyer and his wife on the sidelines/field/podium after the Buckeye games and the emotion they have showed numerous times. I do have issues with people who bring wives, and family into the discussion. You got a problem with PJ say whatever you want as he is a tough guy and can handle it, but leave the wife, kids and family out of it.

How about when his wife goes public about her unhappiness with how a certain columnist treats her husband? How about when she does interviews to tell everyone how hard her husband works? At what point is the OP allowed to comment on her actions w/o you “having issues” with it?

I would say many of the “wish she did that to me” type posts in this thread are far more insulting to her than someone questioning her PDA.

Not enough attention being paid to a presumably college aged male student dressed in a furry costume jumping into Fleck's arms.

Nah, it is definitely moral indignation. It would be D.C. if it were more age inappropriate of a coach like Coach Kill and his wife or Nick Saban and his wife.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It definitely isn't. I am in the "eye-roll" camp and PJ is older than me.

It really isn't a big deal, but I have no moral issues with PJ cuddling with his wife on the 50 yard line.

I feel a bit of fremdshamen for PJ when he is doing it. I don't think it's a big deal at all, again, it's like putting ketchup on eggs.

Top Bottom