Heather & PJ

If he put ketchup on scrambled eggs then he really would be one of us. It’s the Minnesota veggie dontcha know.

giphy.gif

There are several things that mildly bother me about the way Fleck runs his program and yes, this is one of them. I agree with what the OP said. Does it bother me so much that I am going to burn my season tickets and complain to the athletic department? Of course not. The extent of my "outrage" is the occasional eye roll when PJ and Heather do this stuff and this post that I am typing.

It does seem odd, immature, etc. to me.

I'm in this camp, eye roll, but if they're celebrating a win, hey

I think it's great - she loves and supports her husband and is caught up in what he does for a living, which are a lot of women are not. Displays of affection don't bother me and I'm happy for them both. It happens when the Gophers win, so I'm looking forward to more of it.

Yeah, that was an eye-roller for me. Like most things Fleck-related, it's just a little over the top. I thought they were going to go into a routine from "Dirty Dancing." (nobody puts Heather in the corner....)

But that is who he is.

it's like his volume knob is always turned up to 12. I just wish sometimes he'd turn it down to 9 or 8.

Sounds like moral indignation to me.
43e3cfb36db3deaf9a182663dd07e563.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I just think it's so different from what we're used to seeing with coaches. I don't ever remember Glenn Mason's wife being prominent, nor Brewster's. Kill was the first coach that started mentioning his wife around here, and she was definitely part of the program, but not to this level.

I think as you start seeing more young coaches like PJ you'll start seeing this more and it will become the new normal, rather than the stodgy coach who hasn't seen his wife in five months due to recruiting...

If he put ketchup on scrambled eggs then he really would be one of us. It’s the Minnesota veggie dontcha know.
Ketchup: Scandinavian salsa. [emoji1782]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Some pretty funny responses from fellow posters on here. Nice work.

I'll preface this with I know some people are going to say I'm being stupid but I want to hear others perspective.

Does anyone else find it weird, immature, silly, inappropriate...whatever language you want to use here...that Heather is wrapping her legs our PJ at center field after a road win at Fresno?
We can talk about some of her outfits too but it just seems so weird how much they act like a couple in middle school.
PJ seems so aware of perception around so many details about his program and then when it comes to this topic he is completely unaware that she is 1 of the only power 5 wives who is on the field immediately after every game.

The middle part of your first sentence says it all.

It was an pretty exciting finish. Players were hugging each other too.

Other than the locker room, Heather is pretty much omnipresent.

Yeah, that was an eye-roller for me. Like most things Fleck-related, it's just a little over the top. I thought they were going to go into a routine from "Dirty Dancing." (nobody puts Heather in the corner....)

But that is who he is.

it's like his volume knob is always turned up to 12. I just wish sometimes he'd turn it down to 9 or 8.

Not 11?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KOO5S4vxi0o" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm in this camp, eye roll, but if they're celebrating a win, hey

Two more in our house in the eye roll camp. Isn't it time to act like we expect to win against non-con opponents instead of acting like we just won the national championship? I know...cranky old man...but you never saw Bud Grant's wife at mid field, even after the Rashad catch against the Browns.

I thought it was great. They were both really excited after a huge win. Rebecca Kill used to do this all the time too, but the TV cameras never showed it.

She didn't wear yoga pants.

But that is who he is.

This may be the most authentic Minnesota response to this complete non issue.

These people gotta quit having fun in ways I disapprove of when they're within my field of vision.

This may be the most authentic Minnesota response to this complete non issue.

Everyone is agreeing it's a non-issue. LOL.

I don't see anything overly Minnesotan about the response. I think eye rolling to over the top displays of affection by couples is pretty universal. I live in California and I think the reaction would be similar.

Like you (and every single person on this thread) has said, it's a non-issue. But if someone asks, I'll answer. That's all SON did here.

Speaking of pants is anyone else concerned PJ seems to have migrated to elastic waistband polyester slacks one might see on a 75 year old pensioner?

Yes, Coach's dapperness quotient dropped significantly this week. Maybe lost his baggage on the flight?

Yes, Coach's dapperness quotient dropped significantly this week. Maybe lost his baggage on the flight?

I thought it was better than some of his pants that seem like ... stretch pants I would expect from Heather... but I guess if he's comfortable either way more power to him.

Personally I don't like pants.. in any form.

Speaking of pants is anyone else concerned PJ seems to have migrated to elastic waistband polyester slacks one might see on a 75 year old pensioner?

They do look comfortable...at least no Velcro lace shoes.

Two more in our house in the eye roll camp. Isn't it time to act like we expect to win against non-con opponents instead of acting like we just won the national championship? I know...cranky old man...but you never saw Bud Grant's wife at mid field, even after the Rashad catch against the Browns.

That's because she was all bundled up against the cold and the Old Trapper didn't want the team to see that he allowed that. Now I'm trying to imagine what Viking wife I would have liked to see do the full leg embrace. Burnsie's? Denny's? Tice's? I think I'm going with Childress's for the shock factor.

Nope, but the gold Muumuu does.

Mrs. Billd definitely dislikes the mauve-shaded "maroon" that made an appearance as part of last year's Gopher gear fashion. Coach sported it several games last season.

So I'm watching with my wife:

Me: "That's his wife."

Wifey: "God, I hope so."

I'll preface this with I know some people are going to say I'm being stupid but I want to hear others perspective.

Does anyone else find it weird, immature, silly, inappropriate...whatever language you want to use here...that Heather is wrapping her legs our PJ at center field after a road win at Fresno?
We can talk about some of her outfits too but it just seems so weird how much they act like a couple in middle school.
PJ seems so aware of perception around so many details about his program and then when it comes to this topic he is completely unaware that she is 1 of the only power 5 wives who is on the field immediately after every game.

I think it is unprofessional and not really appropriate. I think it is was intentional for TV on their part. Maybe keep that stuff in the tunnel. Unless I am reminded, in my 50 plus years watching sporting events, I have never seen a coach and wife/girl friend do this so prominently for the world to see after the tilt. At least maybe have some Gopher colors on. My wife and daughter thought it was tacky.

Top Bottom