Heather & PJ

gophers141

Reaction score
I'll preface this with I know some people are going to say I'm being stupid but I want to hear others perspective.

Does anyone else find it weird, immature, silly, inappropriate...whatever language you want to use here...that Heather is wrapping her legs our PJ at center field after a road win at Fresno?
We can talk about some of her outfits too but it just seems so weird how much they act like a couple in middle school.
PJ seems so aware of perception around so many details about his program and then when it comes to this topic he is completely unaware that she is 1 of the only power 5 wives who is on the field immediately after every game.

Of all the things to nitpick and you chose this.

I think it's great.

Good to have a prominent female perspective heavily involved with the program. I believe sometime PJ and Heather even have their kids around.

Family is a good thing.

My wife and I got a chuckle out of seeing their embrace (it's a little weird but big deal). I said I hope you like me as much as Heather likes her PJ.

Got absolutely no problem with how they act in the public.

I thought it was fun.

They show their emotions in public. That's ok.

Folks who know him say that PJ isn't just some act, the guy is passionate, not surprising so is his wife. Good for them. I like it.

I’m not a big PDA guy but whatever

There are several things that mildly bother me about the way Fleck runs his program and yes, this is one of them. I agree with what the OP said. Does it bother me so much that I am going to burn my season tickets and complain to the athletic department? Of course not. The extent of my "outrage" is the occasional eye roll when PJ and Heather do this stuff and this post that I am typing.

It does seem odd, immature, etc. to me.

I thought it was great. They were both really excited after a huge win. Rebecca Kill used to do this all the time too, but the TV cameras never showed it.

I thought it was a great moment, wherein we saw a spouse supporting their spouse and celebrating their success after a period of what I imagine was very intense stress.

It was "just" Fresno State, but how many among the public and the press would have been roasting him all week if the Gophers hadn't pulled this game out? His wife knew the stakes and I imagine it was a great, emotional moment for them. I think we need more public examples of couples deeply in love and deeply in support of one another, not fewer of them.

More power to them. As a couple, they endure a lot of stress. If PDA is their thing, it's perfectly okay with me. Heather does a lot for the program and the players.

With PJ's responsibility on steroids, any time they can share an important moment is great.

They need to start procreating, get a bunch of attractive and athletic kids for the future of the Gophers programs

They need to start procreating, get a bunch of attractive and athletic kids for the future of the Gophers programs

If they were procreating at midfield, that I would take issue with.

If they were procreating at midfield, that I would take issue with.

Hold up now. Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

Let's say that doing that got us WINS...... I'm not opposed to it that if it works.

Doesn't even come up in my brain as an issue while seeing it. I have no issue with it whatsoever. None.

Last edited:

I thought it was a little weird, but it's a non-issue. For me, it's about the equivalent of if I saw PJ wearing crocs or putting ketchup on scrambled eggs. I wouldn't do it and I notice, but I don't really care.

I think it's fantastic that Heather gets excited with a win and rewards hubby with a great big smack. She was also giving the players props too.

A happy Heather makes for a happy Coach.

What's not to like?

Doesn't even come up in my brain as an issue while seeing it. I have no issue with it whatsoever. None.

Furthermore, if she wants to spread the cheer around a bit this Saturday, I am in Section 215.

I thought it was a little weird, but it's a non-issue. For me, it's about the equivalent of if I saw PJ wearing crocs or putting ketchup on scrambled eggs. I wouldn't do it and I notice, but I don't really care.

If he put ketchup on scrambled eggs then he really would be one of us. It’s the Minnesota veggie dontcha know.

In the moment, it was "woah, wait until you get back to the room" but it's not a big deal.

Give it a few more years of married life :clap:

Ha! My wife had me go to this seminar regarding strengthening relationships, and they suggested stuff kind of like what they are doing. Seeing that P.J. is adding datenight as part of the culture, I don't think it is all that strange. I think it is part of his overall message. As long as he doesn't go all Wisconsin fan couple in the stands on his wife, I won't even give it a second thought.

I'll spare you the youtube video (see bold text). Well maybe Badger week i'll post it.:eek:

I thought it was awesome. The relief followed by pure joy and celebration. No issue with it, more power to them.

I love it. I love it when my wife does the same thing in a moment of extreme celebration too....... just having a hard time remembering when hat last time was.....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom