Heather & PJ

I think it is unprofessional and not really appropriate. I think it is was intentional for TV on their part. Maybe keep that stuff in the tunnel. Unless I am reminded, in my 50 plus years watching sporting events, I have never seen a coach and wife/girl friend do this so prominently for the world to see after the tilt. At least maybe have some Gopher colors on. My wife and daughter thought it was tacky.

giphy.gif

It's very on brand for Fleck. He puts on a good show for the cameras and media (I'm not implying it isn't genuine, I have no idea if it is or isn't part of his shtick). Of all the things for people to complain about with the circus that is PJ Fleck, this is toward the bottom of the list.

It's not like you had the audio to the embrace. Here are some possibilities.

Your lucky to win that game, PJ.
Where should we go for dinner?
How about Outback?
Great! I have a coupon!

Or

Your lucky to win that game PJ.
Not as lucky as when I get you in the hotel room.
Your practically in right now!
That will have to wait, I'm hoping John brings Chrissy into the locker room. Then I'll be ready!

Who cares? Their married.

Ha! My wife had me go to this seminar regarding strengthening relationships, and they suggested stuff kind of like what they are doing. Seeing that P.J. is adding datenight as part of the culture, I don't think it is all that strange. I think it is part of his overall message. As long as he doesn't go all Wisconsin fan couple in the stands on his wife, I won't even give it a second thought.

I'll spare you the youtube video (see bold text). Well maybe Badger week i'll post it.:eek:

This was going to be my response, too. Athletically, academically, spiritually and socially, right? There's more than just football, and this fits with his message. However, I would add one thought: I wonder if PJ would be okay with players' girlfriends running on to the field to hug his players after games.

I thought it was great. They were both really excited after a huge win. Rebecca Kill used to do this all the time too, but the TV cameras never showed it.
Do you have a picture of Rebecca Kill wrapping her legs around Country Jer? I would love to see that one, if you do. [emoji41]

This was going to be my response, too. Athletically, academically, spiritually and socially, right? There's more than just football, and this fits with his message. However, I would add one thought: I wonder if PJ would be okay with players' girlfriends running on to the field to hug his players after games.

I KNOW Mike Leach wouldn't approve. He has been very outspoken about what he thinks of his players' fat little girlfriends.

I think it is unprofessional and not really appropriate. I think it is was intentional for TV on their part. Maybe keep that stuff in the tunnel. Unless I am reminded, in my 50 plus years watching sporting events, I have never seen a coach and wife/girl friend do this so prominently for the world to see after the tilt. At least maybe have some Gopher colors on. My wife and daughter thought it was tacky.

593.gif

This reminds me of when everybody had an issue and commented on Claey's weight. As long as they win then who cares? And even if they don't then who cares?

Yeah, that was an eye-roller for me. Like most things Fleck-related, it's just a little over the top. I thought they were going to go into a routine from "Dirty Dancing." (nobody puts Heather in the corner....)

But that is who he is.

it's like his volume knob is always turned up to 12. I just wish sometimes he'd turn it down to 9 or 8.

Here, now... let's not have any of that stuff, now. Don't go getting too excited, there, folks. We're from Minnesota, don't ya know!

Just teasing, Shorty.

I thought the enthusiasm from the Flecks was nice, and didn't see it as unseemly. But to be fair, my wife made a snide comment about it; she wasn't complaining about it being 'too sexy' or 'inappropriate' so much as she was objecting to Heather and P.J. being too front-and-center too much of the time.

I told her I thought she was overreacting. She ignored me.

Last edited:

Ha! My wife had me go to this seminar regarding strengthening relationships, and they suggested stuff kind of like what they are doing. Seeing that P.J. is adding datenight as part of the culture, I don't think it is all that strange. I think it is part of his overall message. As long as he doesn't go all Wisconsin fan couple in the stands on his wife, I won't even give it a second thought.

I'll spare you the youtube video (see bold text). Well maybe Badger week i'll post it.:eek:

I did recall somebody posting that somewhere with the disturbing syncopation set to wooga-wooga music. Now that was gross!

LOL! Can't believe were having a thread regarding PJ and Heather. They are an awesome couple! I'm thinking some people are jealous they don't have a close relationship like these two have. For those who don't approve, get a life.

I thought it was much funnier when PJ jumped into the arms of his linebacker coach (i think) and wrapped his legs around him just after the interception. They are a close group of coaches but that seemed a bit much to me. When his wife did it to him I was just happy for them.

A segment of this fan base can't go a week without being bothered by something.

SMH

Last edited:

I feel like Fleck lingered when he gave Tedford a hug.

LOL! Can't believe were having a thread regarding PJ and Heather. They are an awesome couple! I'm thinking some people are jealous they don't have a close relationship like these two have. For those who don't approve, get a life.

I've learned so much on Gopherhole. Today I learned that because I roll my eyes when PJ and Heather leap into each other's arms on the field after football games, my own marriage may be in trouble.

Caught up in the dramatic moment, I can understand her enthusiasm...

I've learned so much on Gopherhole. Today I learned that because I roll my eyes when PJ and Heather leap into each other's arms on the field after football games, my own marriage may be in trouble.

Sometimes those closest to the forest cannot see it, for the trees are in the way ???:cool:

You think this makes a difference, one or another, to a HS recruit?

Don’t bother with him, he’s a buckyville turd. He comes here to report back what we’re talking about to all his other “living in my parent’s basement” friends.

I just think it's so different from what we're used to seeing with coaches. I don't ever remember Glenn Mason's wife being prominent, nor Brewster's. Kill was the first coach that started mentioning his wife around here, and she was definitely part of the program, but not to this level.

I think as you start seeing more young coaches like PJ you'll start seeing this more and it will become the new normal, rather than the stodgy coach who hasn't seen his wife in five months due to recruiting...

Kill’s daughter was on the sideline next to him most games.

Don’t bother with him, he’s a buckyville turd. He comes here to report back what we’re talking about to all his other “living in my parent’s basement” friends.

Hey, thanks for checking in and getting us some ad revenue.

Two more in our house in the eye roll camp. Isn't it time to act like we expect to win against non-con opponents instead of acting like we just won the national championship? I know...cranky old man...but you never saw Bud Grant's wife at mid field, even after the Rashad catch against the Browns.

They work their butt off all year and they win a game in dramatic fashion. What’s wrong with having some fun? Did you see how Michigan reacted after beating Army? Or a Twins game when there’s a walk-off?

Ha! There's a lot of Fleck Bro-mancers out here. They are very protective.

I think you're confusing moral indignation with doosh chills. .
Nah, it is definitely moral indignation. It would be D.C. if it were more age inappropriate of a coach like Coach Kill and his wife or Nick Saban and his wife.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Maybe

I feel like Fleck lingered when he gave Tedford a hug.

Maybe just maybe he was sharing how impressed he was with how well coached Fresno State was and what a fantastic play design that last play was.

As for the Fleck, wife embrace, I hardly noticed it but after watching the replay, maybe they are just horny, over affectionate people. On the other hand I wish I had a wife that was like that.

Top Bottom