Sid: Gophers’ miracle win

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

Gophers’ miracle win

If Antoine Winfield Jr. ever makes a bigger play for the Gophers than his interception in the second overtime to give the Gophers a 38-35 victory over Fresno State late Saturday, it will be a miracle.

“All I did was lay it all out on the field for my boys,” the redshirt sophomore safety said in the postgame interview on the CBS Sports Network. “That’s all I did.”

The Gophers were inconsistent in this game, and they’re going to have to improve their pass defense before they face Purdue in their Big Ten opener later this month. Fresno State quarterback Jorge Reyna threw for 288 yards, three touchdowns and two interceptions against the Gophers, but Purdue quarterback Elijah Sindelar completed 34 of 52 passes for 509 yards and five TDs in a 42-24 victory over Vanderbilt.

Still, this victory was a big one because the Gophers will be heavily favored to defeat Georgia Southern, who defeated Maine 26-18 on Saturday but lost to No. 6 LSU 55-3 in their season opener.

A victory at TCF Bank Stadium on Saturday and the Gophers would be 3-0 heading into the conference schedule, where a spot in the Big Ten title game remains the goal for this season.

http://www.startribune.com/packers-will-provide-truer-test-for-vikings-in-week-2/559780652/

Go Gophers!!

I don’t think next Saturday’s matchup will be much of an opportunity to work the kinks out of that pass defense for the Gophers.

per Sid:

Gophers’ miracle win

If Antoine Winfield Jr. ever makes a bigger play for the Gophers than his interception in the second overtime to give the Gophers a 38-35 victory over Fresno State late Saturday, it will be a miracle.

“All I did was lay it all out on the field for my boys,” the redshirt sophomore safety said in the postgame interview on the CBS Sports Network. “That’s all I did.”

The Gophers were inconsistent in this game, and they’re going to have to improve their pass defense before they face Purdue in their Big Ten opener later this month. Fresno State quarterback Jorge Reyna threw for 288 yards, three touchdowns and two interceptions against the Gophers, but Purdue quarterback Elijah Sindelar completed 34 of 52 passes for 509 yards and five TDs in a 42-24 victory over Vanderbilt.

Still, this victory was a big one because the Gophers will be heavily favored to defeat Georgia Southern, who defeated Maine 26-18 on Saturday but lost to No. 6 LSU 55-3 in their season opener.

A victory at TCF Bank Stadium on Saturday and the Gophers would be 3-0 heading into the conference schedule, where a spot in the Big Ten title game remains the goal for this season.

http://www.startribune.com/packers-will-provide-truer-test-for-vikings-in-week-2/559780652/

Go Gophers!!

Sid is truly losing it... Giving Reyna's stats vs. us, and they comparing them to Purdue's Sindelar in their game vs. Vandy ???

What is the connection that I am missing?

EDIT----- never mind, I get it.... operating on 4 hrs of sleep from last night.

Sid doesn't write schit anymore. It's been years.

Top Bottom