The View From The Valley After the Gophers 38-35 Victory

Not sure what everyone else thought. But every Fresno St fan I met in the stadium and without was extremely nice and complimentary. Several people stopped to say congrats after the game. While we waited for the bus back to where we parked, talked with a season ticket holder for about 30 minutes. Just a very nice fan base and had a great time there. Parking was a snap, shuttle bus to the game, the stadium was nice and had a great time in an entire section of MN fans.

I have always enjoyed my trips to The Valley. It does get very hot in July.

Not sure what everyone else thought. But every Fresno St fan I met in the stadium and without was extremely nice and complimentary. Several people stopped to say congrats after the game. While we waited for the bus back to where we parked, talked with a season ticket holder for about 30 minutes. Just a very nice fan base and had a great time there. Parking was a snap, shuttle bus to the game, the stadium was nice and had a great time in an entire section of MN fans.

I agree the hosts were friendly. Also met Cam Wiley's dad and some of Howden's cousins on the flight over. Fun trip.

Havent read their viewpoints, but if I were in their shoes, I'd feel one had gotten stolen...its a viewpoint I would have had as a Gopher fan had Fresno St won too. Really could have gone either way. Both teams played good enough to win. I think the Gophers played better though, but also shot themselves in the foot much more.

alright...I'm reading the article now...what's up with this quote?

“It hurts," Fresno State Head Coach Jeff Tedford said. "It's hard for a quarterback when people are just wide open, thinking you just have to get them the ball, but it's not that simple."

I don't recall Fresno St WR's being wide open all game...and if they were, is he really knocking his QB for trying to get "wide open" WR's the ball? Or am I misreading it? Is it just in reference to the OT throw by Reyna where the WR appeared wide open?

I don't recall Fresno St WR's being wide open all game...and if they were, is he really knocking his QB for trying to get "wide open" WR's the ball? Or am I misreading it? Is it just in reference to the OT throw by Reyna where the WR appeared wide open?

I read it as in reference to the OT throw that was INT'd by Winfield. The receive was WIDE open on that one.

Yeah, I also think it was in reference to the final play. And no wonder. No way Winfield could have been expected to make that play. I thought it was a sure touchdown, too.

JTG

Winfield was like the Flash. He came out of nowhere the WR was stupified. Reyna showed his inexperience. Never lop a slow moving pass like that to allow speedy defenders to knife a pass at a good angle to intercept it.

Ergo, the reference to the speed of the game. I think a few in the Bulldogs camp are heartbroken. They literally had a sure victory snatched away. For it to happen two years in a row at the deciding play of the game by the same opposing player will leave scars for a long long time.

He was saying his QB floated the final pass, likely because he was so wide open, and if he wouldn’t have floated the pass it would have been a TD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's talking about the last play. The Winfield interception. That guy was wide open and the QB needed to zip him the ball.

I read it as in reference to the OT throw that was INT'd by Winfield. The receive was WIDE open on that one.

No he wasn't. In a zone, he would have been "wide open" on a 10-15 yard throw, but not a 30. I slowed the play down about a half dozen times and Winfield appears to have his eye on #15 the whole way. Designed defense for that play. If he was "wide open" he catches the ball and scores. That's the definition of "wide open".

It seemed like the Gophers were playing man coverage in the first half and then zone in the second. Reyna made some nice easy passes for them and I didn’t like that defense much.

Top Bottom