Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tanner Morgan

Default Tanner Morgan

I know it wasn't the people here, but this narrative about Tanner having a weak arm is complete BS.
    Our offense isn't bombing throws downfield, that doesn't mean that he has a weak arm.
    This guy has completed 70% of his passes through two games. I cannot remember the last time the Gophers had a passer who was even close to that accurate.
    He handles all sorts of pre-snap BS.
    Honestly, I think he is the best QB in modern Gopher history. His improvisation and accuracy have saved our asses more times than I can count and he hasn't even played a full season. I'm really sick of seeing people try to blame him for things like low snaps. He has been as good as anyone could ask for since taking over last year.
    Last edited by hello-world; 09-08-2019 at 02:26 AM.

Agreed. He is 100% capable of leading this team. My one knock is ball security. He needs to clean that up which I am confident that he will. All the "game manager" talk is ridiculous. He is a gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by hello-world View Post
    I know it wasn't the people here, but this narrative about Tanner having a weak arm is complete BS.
    Our offense isn't bombing throws downfield, that doesn't mean that he has a weak arm.
    This guy has completed 70% of his passes through two games. I cannot remember the last time the Gophers had a passer who was even close to that accurate.
    Honestly, I think he's better than Weber. I'm really sick of seeing people try to blame him for these mistakes. He has been as good as anyone could ask for since taking over last year.
    Now you’ve done it. #Oneofus

Quote Originally Posted by hello-world View Post
    Honestly, I think he is the best QB in modern Gopher history. His improvisation and accuracy have saved our asses more times than I can count and he hasn't even played a full season. I'm really sick of seeing people try to blame him for things like low snaps. He has been as good as anyone could ask for since taking over last year.
    solid edit haha. I agree he doesn't have a "weak arm". He's not a Luck or Manning out there but it's not like he's got a noodle arm. He hangs his outs some but the one that was almost picked wasn't arm weakness like they tried to claim it was, it was missing a throw inside that needs to be missed outside if it's going to be missed.

Default Tanner Morgan

I’ve mentioned this before, but I think people view him as the backup QB, which automatically brings him down a notch in their minds. Also, his own coaching staff calls him a game manager, and they like to mention that he doesn’t have a strong arm. I’m not sure whether there’s a psychological reason for that, but it’s a little strange. Whatever works, I guess?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PitinoFan; 09-08-2019 at 07:19 AM.

Anyone know why Morgan was limping so much?

I think we need to keep in mind that these TV crews who cover the Gophers are usually seeing the team for the first time. So the Wednesday before they game, they know ZERO about our players.
    Then they start studying up for a bit and have a conversation or two, and read what has been written about the players to prep for the game.

Much of this is regurgitated stuff which ends up getting said over and over and over.

Vikings Example: "Adam Thielen was an undrafted free agent."

So even though his arm might not be a rocket arm, every TV head who learns about him puts on his own spin then during the game will point out any example to prove what they have been saying.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

Last night's game Morgan had a dose of that Keenum 2017 magic.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengophers View Post
    Last night's game Morgan had a dose of that Keenum 2017 magic.
    Very good comparison

I agree. His arm strength is just fine. He definitely is a “gamer”. He generally has very good pocket awareness, and has a nack for fixing a broken play. Accuracy is very good. Glad we have him!

6-2 as a starter and is 2 games into his sophomore season! Last night showed composure. Fumbles on 3rd down with game on the line. Next play, throws a beautiful TD ball to CAB.

Quote Originally Posted by go4rob View Post
    Yeah I'm worried about this too. His mobility helps him a lot and he was wearing a brace in the end.
    On another note his 4th down throw for the TD to CAB was a thing of beauty! He's giving his guys a chance most of the time which is so nice to see, been a long time since we've seen that consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by go4rob View Post
    Rope a dope!

He’ll be fine. Next week should be an easier win and that is followed by a week off

My guess is we will be hearing knocks on TM for 4-years..... and he will find ways to win games for 4-years. He doesn’t fit the mold, but dude know how to win.

Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

Quote Originally Posted by UpAndUnder43 View Post
    Rope a dope!

He’ll be fine. Next week should be an easier win and that is followed by a week off
    "should be an easier win" applies to every game this year so far....but they weren't.