Who is the Gophers MVP in the Double OT win over Fresno State?

• Tanner Morgan

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • Antoine Winfield Jr.

Votes: 25 32.9%
  • Rashod Bateman

Votes: 13 17.1%
  • Rodney Smith

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kamal Martin

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Chris Autman-Bell

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Tough call. Tanner gets my vote, but Winfield and CAB would be close behind. Lantz an honorable mention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other. Lantz the Kicker for 3. Moot without that boot.

This really was a game of big plays: both outstandingly good and outstandingly bad.

TM had a strong game but I'll avoid defaulting to the QB. Bateman was the guy who was there most consistently all game in big spots.

Bateman once again stood out as the most talented player on the field....but when it came down to it.....Chris Autman-Bell made the miracle catch that salvaged the game. Not only coming down with the ball.....but managing to get his foot down with an inch or two to spare? Wow!

Team win with lots of heroes. Can't pick just one. Or two. Or even three.

JTG

Consistent from start to finish? Bateman. He IS our best player.

Bateman. Without his various 3rd and long heroics, none of the others' heroics happen and/or matter.

With no #11 there’s no win last night. We don’t have another DB that makes that play. It’s a TD otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bateman made several plays to keep the chance of winning alive so he gets my vote.

Too many big clutch plays by multiple players for me to vote. I will note Martin had a quietly huge game with 13 tackles.

It's just nice to know we have several playmakers on both sides of the ball. A real team effort to get the W. I think the more appropriate question is, who was the player that most hurt us last night?

While at the game, I told my wife and a few Fresno St fans the same thing. Tanner Morgan isn't pretty, he isn't big, he doesn't have a big arm, he isn't fast and he doesn't always make the right play. But when the other team gets up on us or the game is on the line, he's the best QB we've had in my lifetime. The kid competes. He rallies the team. That 4th down throw for a td was a beauty. We don't win without lots of contributions, but his was the best.

It's just nice to know we have several playmakers on both sides of the ball. A real team effort to get the W. I think the more appropriate question is, who was the player that most hurt us last night?
Devers and his face mask in quarter 2.

Well, we had a lot of game winning plays but without CAB making the catch and getting his foot down the rest probably don’t matter? And Lantz is similar...miss a kick and ... And if we don’t have Winfield we probably lose anyway because I doubt anyone else comes out of no where to intercept their game winning TD pass. Tanner made several plays we couldn’t be without too! Nice to have all the contributions and still leave a handful of guys out!

Top Bottom