What was the "Play of the Game" in Gophers Double OT win over Fresno State?

• Tanner Morgan's TD pass to Chris Autman-Bell on 4th and 13

Votes: 66 80.5%
  • Antoine Winfield Jr. interception in Double OT

Votes: 13 15.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

The perfect 4th down throw/TD catch or the out of nowhere walk off game saving interception...

Flip a coin. I can’t say one was better or more important than the other. That game was nuts.

While no one would vote for it over the other two, Lantz's FG kick from the hashmark in 2OT was just as clutch.

Absolute insanity. Just finished walking post work. MAN!

Gophers made a ton of huge plays down the stretch. Honestly it is weird to see them winning these types of games. As a Minnesota sports fan I am just conditioned to expect them to fold in big moments (not a shot at prior gopher FB coaches). Amazing to see guys who have that edge to them in the clutch.

Have to go with the 4th & 15 TD though. Perfect throw under some duress, fantastic catch.

Winfield’s INT phenomenal again but if the QB doesn’t put so much air on that it’s a TD. Great instincts by Winfield though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tough one because we lose without either of them. Went with CAB’s catch because it was the more spectacular of the two. But both plays were amazing.

Without the Td there’s no interception to win the game. It’s an easy choice.

Both plays were so awesome I didn't see / believe them. CAB's TD I only half celebrated because real time he looked way out of bounds and I thought it was going to be taken off the board for sure until I saw the replay and freaked out.

On the AWJr play, the receiver looked wide, wide open -- and I closed my eyes as the ball was in the air...then we get the miracle INT call!

CAB's catch is the choice here because that was one of the 5 best catches in Gopher football history, but both are play of the year caliber stuff. What a game!

That 3rd and 18 laser to Bateman shouldn’t be forgotten, either.

Gophers made a ton of huge plays down the stretch. Honestly it is weird to see them winning these types of games. As a Minnesota sports fan I am just conditioned to expect them to fold in big moments (not a shot at prior gopher FB coaches). Amazing to see guys who have that edge to them in the clutch.

Have to go with the 4th & 15 TD though. Perfect throw under some duress, fantastic catch.

Winfield’s INT phenomenal again but if the QB doesn’t put so much air on that it’s a TD. Great instincts by Winfield though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My psyche is damaged from being a Minnesota sports fan. When the Gophs lined up for the extra point to tie it in regulation, I almost expected the new kicker to "Blair Walsh" it wide left.

1a. And 1b imo

Went with TD, both huge though

Last year against Fresno State the Gophers had a huge play on offense (the big third down conversion on the Gophers last scoring drive) that got overshadowed by a game-saving Winfield interception.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

Last year against Fresno State the Gophers had a huge play on offense (the big third down conversion on the Gophers last scoring drive) that got overshadowed by a game-saving Winfield interception.

It was frustrating during the broadcast how clear it was that none of the broadcast crew had watched the prior year's matchup as part of their prep. There were many, many opportunities to draw parallels between the two games from the 1st quarter right down to the last play.

I'm not voting. Neither play should take a back seat to the other this time. Both game savers / game winners. It's a good problem to have.

Both plays were so awesome I didn't see / believe them. CAB's TD I only half celebrated because real time he looked way out of bounds and I thought it was going to be taken off the board for sure until I saw the replay and freaked out.

On the AWJr play, the receiver looked wide, wide open -- and I closed my eyes as the ball was in the air...then we get the miracle INT call!

CAB's catch is the choice here because that was one of the 5 best catches in Gopher football history, but both are play of the year caliber stuff. What a game!

+10000

Co plays of the the game. The catch and the pick.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Wasn't "THE" play of the game but a freshman kicker making his first collegiate FG attempt in double-overtime and splitting the uprights is pretty sweet.

Wasn't "THE" play of the game but a freshman kicker making his first collegiate FG attempt in double-overtime and splitting the uprights is pretty sweet.

I was pretty nervous, big spot. He misses it, Fresno can just RUTM few times and kick short FG

Has to be co plays of the game (the catch and the pick).

When Fresno State got the ball back with 40 seconds and the score tied, Kamal Martin almost picked off the first pass, and Coney Durr I believe almost blocked the punt. There were lots of exciting moments in that 4th quarter and overtime.

Last week there was talk of Bateman's one hander being play of the year caliber. Now we've got two more. Are we going to see this stuff every week? I hope to see more of it in B10 play.

Sent from my ASUS_P00J using Tapatalk

Both plays I had time for cussing when the ball was in the air and then going, "Did that just happen?" Well worth staying up for. Trying not to dwell on the fact we very well could be 0-2.

Top Bottom