Played great except for the miscues

Interesting how last week we had few big miscues but generally played poorly all around. This week we had a bunch of miscues, but can't point out a unit that played real poorly. Now hopefully by B1G play we'll have it all put together.

This why I am not a fan of conference games in the first three weeks. Sorry to see that the B1G is going that way.

I know he was not happy about the timing of starting the play clock several times as well then stopping the offense where we tried to play fast. Idk with that one specifically but he was as livid as I’ve ever seen him

Yeah that didn’t make sense. But I loved them going hurry up like that.

The discipline issues (dumb penalties) and turnovers (the ball is the program) where upsetting, especially given that those are supposed to be our culture. What was equally concerning to me was that the team seemed to let one dumb penalty by Devers (and it was really dumb and inexcusable) snowball into a quarter and a half of bad play. Devers owns his mistake, but everyone else owns how they play after that. In a football season, we are going to be the victim of dumb plays, bad calls, and stupid penalties plenty of times, that can't be an excuse for half the team laying down and crying about it for a good portion of the game. If we had lost this game, we would have a lot to be upset about.

All that said, we didn't lose. One thing great teams do is find a way to walk out with ugly wins (though the big CAB catch and Winfield INT were things of beauty) despite everything seeming to go wrong. A little concerned that so much of what went wrong was self-inflicted. Good news is that all of that was correctable (though, especially with regard to the dumb penalties, a little disheartening it still needs to be corrected). We are 2-0, let's keep it rolling.

Top Bottom