ESPN: Raiders release Brown after tumultuous tenure

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

The Oakland Raiders have announced they've released wide receiver Antonio Brown and will be a free agent at 4:01 p.m. ET Saturday.

The move comes after Brown asked to be released by the team in an Instagram post earlier Saturday.

Brown told ESPN's Jeff Darlington in an email Saturday that there is "no way" he plays for the Raiders.

The Pro Bowl wide receiver said this is his stance after the team "took away my [contract] guarantees." He added: "no way I play after they took that and made my contract week to week."

The Raiders fined Brown $215,073.53 for conduct detrimental to the team, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Saturday.

By fining Brown, the Raiders voided the $29.125 million worth of guaranteed money in his deal, sources told Schefter.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27559625/raiders-release-brown-tumultuous-tenure

Skol Vikes!!

Wow. Ballsy move. I'm impressed that Gruden actually went through with it.

Wow. Ballsy move. I'm impressed that Gruden actually went through with it.

I think Gruden got overruled here. I think he wanted to keep him. He's a great player, but they didn't stand to lose much by cutting ties. They only gave up a 3rd rounder and a 5th. Not worth the hassle.

I think Gruden got overruled here. I think he wanted to keep him. He's a great player, but they didn't stand to lose much by cutting ties. They only gave up a 3rd rounder and a 5th. Not worth the hassle.

Hopefully their loss doesn't become another gain for the Bears.

i could see him with the patriots.

The Ravens make the most sense to me. They're a playoff caliber team with a need and he'd get to try and stick it to the Steelers twice this year.

Belichick always wins. Love him or hate him, the guy operates on a different level than virtually any other coach or GM in the League.

Belichick always wins. Love him or hate him, the guy operates on a different level than virtually any other coach or GM in the League.

I'm not exactly excited that the rich get richer....but better that he lands with the Pats than having him land in the NFC North.

Gotta wonder if Brown and the Patriots were already talking before Brown asked to be released. It all happened pretty fast. I’m assuming that is not allowed.

While waiting for the arrival of the Raiders in Vegas and my brand new season tickets, it would appear it was a wise move to not run out and get the Antonio Brown jersey. Damn, what a mess. At least they got out of his contract. Plenty of NV tax-free money to spend on free agents next spring

Gotta wonder if Brown and the Patriots were already talking before Brown asked to be released. It all happened pretty fast. I’m assuming that is not allowed.

I was listening to the radio and they were speculating tampering.

I wouldn't put that above the cheatin' Pats.

Too late to concern yourself with the helmet AB; U R already brain damaged.

They tried to trade for Brown in March. Steelers didn't want him on a rival contender. Raiders didn't give up slot because they knew there were a select few teams they were willing to trade him too

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I hope he is a distraction and sinks the patriots.

Top Bottom