***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT FRESNO STATE IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Thank you. I will go to ESPN and hope for highlights...

Don't bother. Did you forget that neither the Gophers nor Fresno State are in the SEC?

Wait a minute - Is PJ Fleck really establishing a winning culture?

Little worried about our QB...he noticeably limps just walking and running is worse on occasion. The knee brace he’s wearing is huge! Practice injury?

If he’s playing probably just a sprain. They hurt, speaking from experience.

Unreal. Feels so good to win one of these. After the muffed punt I thought this was just one of those days as a gopher fan where the curse was on

The catch by Bell should not be lost in the afterglow of Winfield's pick. Co-plays of the game. The Gophers might have a better WR corp than the Oakland Raiders right now.

Both plays should make sportscenter top plays because they were both amazing. I still have no idea how CAB got his foot in on the TD and Winfield is just special.

How soon before Zack Annexstad is back? Carter's cousin Cole Kramer and/or Jacob Clark better be getting reps in practice. You can never have a shortage of backup QBs.

Let's keep Tanner Morgan Healthy. It is a long Big Ten season.

For all the crap we gave the announcers, the final call was pretty good.

Does anyone have audio of the local radio call?

Don't bother. Did you forget that neither the Gophers nor Fresno State are in the SEC?

ESPN, Autman-Bells catch was todays sports highlight # 6, was worthy of a higher ranking. Winfields INT didn't make it...

Last edited:

Morgan will be fine. Most likely just needs a few weeks to get back to 100%. Based on nothing but a hunch/intuition I’d have to guess Kramer is #2 right now but we’ll probably find out at some point. Hopefully he (TM) can take some of the game off next week. I doubt Annexstad will see the field this season but since we don’t know much about the injury...hard to say for sure

For all the crap we gave the announcers, the final call was pretty good.

Does anyone have audio of the local radio call?

I actually thought the announcers were pretty decent the whole game. CBS does sports better than anyone else...even their JV squad was pretty good, tonight.

It will be nice if the Georgia State game is far enough next weekend that they can have Cole Kramer play for at least a a quarter.

That CAB catch leads me to believe this season is destined to be special.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Morgan will be fine. Most likely just needs a few weeks to get back to 100%. Based on nothing but a hunch/intuition I’d have to guess Kramer is #2 right now but we’ll probably find out at some point. Hopefully he (TM) can take some of the game off next week. I doubt Annexstad will see the field this season but since we don’t know much about the injury...hard to say for sure

He was limping in the first 1/2, but he looked fine when he was running the ball at the end of the game, so it’s probably just a pain issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was limping in the first 1/2, but he looked fine when he was running the ball at the end of the game, so it’s probably just a pain issue.

Had at least one nice scramble I can think of. He doesn’t seem limited much at all. Kid is clutch as hell in big moments.

Just unbelievable. The mental toughness Fleck has instilled in this program, and the belief. I was impressed as hell just that they tied it up! They overcame some unfortunate breaks, the big mistake by Devers, and some poor officiating.

The volume of what they overcame and how clutch they were on numerous occasions is something to be damn proud of.

And #11, who does that??? Extraordinary.

That was Douglas's fault, 26 was trying to block and has his back to the play. Douglas needs to see that and not run up right now him like that.

Just another in a long list of self inflicted wounds. Hopefully we can overcome them and still get the W but if we don't it won't be hard to identify the primary reasons. Turnovers and stupid penalties have killed us in a very winnable game.

That was not DD fault- his job is to keep his eyes on the ball once he’s decided to catch it- it’s the blockers job to get the Frick outta the way by holding his block

Little worried about our QB...he noticeably limps just walking and running is worse on occasion. The knee brace he’s wearing is huge! Practice injury?

I believe all of the QBs have a brace on their lead leg.

That was not DD fault- his job is to keep his eyes on the ball once he’s decided to catch it- it’s the blockers job to get the Frick outta the way by holding his block

Fleck said the same thing post game. It was not Douglas’ fault. The blocker has to hold his block and not get pushed down the field into Douglas.

I haven’t seen this mentioned, but this is encouraging heading into a game against another running QB.

Reyna’s rushing against...

USC: 20 carries, 88 yards.
Minnesota: 11 carries,-19 yards.

Fresno’s team rushing yards...

USC: 206
Minnesota: 57

This game shouldn’t have been close.

Last edited:

Top Bottom