***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT FRESNO STATE IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Glad I have a good stock of beer for the second half.

Why not call a TO and throw a Hail Mary on 4th down to end the half. We gave away a free play to try to score. Dumb coaching.

Morgan looked nervous on those last two plays.
I'm fine with going to the half as it is with the lead.

Need to win the second half now.

Morgan was off that last possession.
First down didn't feel the rush coming at all.
Second and third down he looked nervous and shaken.

I'd like to see them rolling him out a bit.
Fresno must be taking away the quick slants.

Need to get a stop coming out of the half then a time possession drive of 12 plays for 70 yards and a TD.

Feels like we should be losing, but we are winning.

Morgan is only able to roll to his right, and does so even if he's rolling right into defenders. He needs to be able to roll both directions.

Hope we don't see a continuation of that last series from Morgan. If you are a game manager with limited arm strength and limited running ability you sure as hell cannot lack awareness like Morgan did on all 3 plays to end the half.

Really upset with Devers for that penalty. He compounded getting his ass kicked on 3rd and 22 by giving them the first down with a personal foul. This game should be 14-3 at worst right now.

Overall a much more encouraging performance than last week, but I don't like where the momentum is headed right now. Need to come out and regain control of the game in the 3rd quarter. I thought Kiondre did that with the pick, but then Morgan and the Oline combined to piss it away.

Morgan looked nervous on those last two plays.
I'm fine with going to the half as it is with the lead.

Need to win the second half now.

He's nervous for a reason. O-line is porous as hell right now in obvious pass situations. The only pass plays that seem to work (O-line able to block) come on play-action.

Both sacks on that drive came against a 3 man rush. Callahan needs to throw some chairs around. Yeah, Morgan held the ball for 3.5 seconds but should have more time playing 6 on 3. Complete cluster**** blocking right now. Devers was an idiot be he didn’t give up the TD either. Started strong then wheels come off before the half. Very disappointing effort again.

Morgan was off that last possession.
First down didn't feel the rush coming at all.
Second and third down he looked nervous and shaken.

I'd like to see them rolling him out a bit.
Fresno must be taking away the quick slants.

Need to get a stop coming out of the half then a time possession drive of 12 plays for 70 yards and a TD.

Feels like we should be losing, but we are winning.

Yup, need to get the running game going again and stay on schedule offensively. Had a couple great drives in the first half, so clearly the staff sees a few things that are working. Everybody just needs to relax. I actually disagree with your last statement that it feels like we should be losing. MN dominated the vast majority of the half and was on the verge of getting the ball back with over 3 min left and 2 TOs. Who knows what would've happened, but I would've put my money on them getting points. Guess we'll see which team is better...

Dumb by Devers but should have been offsetting penalties.

Not sure if when the whistle was- if Devers can’t get off a block for 20 yards he shouldn’t be out there anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should be a 2-3 score lead. Need to get the momentum back. Devers stupidity completely changed the game.

The Mo fumble and the Devers penalty were game changers.

I feel good if we get a quick stop on Fresno to start the third.

All in all, if you told me before the game we’d be up by 4 at the half I’d take it. Way too many breakdowns and self-inflicted wounds though. But, scoreboard.

Devers should have just fall down during the shoving match. He changed big mo in the Bulldog's favor going into the second half.

Stupid stupid penalty and all the sudden you’re in a dog fight. 14-10 vs 21-3, 17-3, 14-3 going into half, oh well.

The TD play by Fresno was just the perfect play call. They got exactly what they were looking for, high safeties putting Barber man on the RB. Too fast for him, perfect throw, we were screwed.

Defense shouldn’t have been out there though, dumb penalty.

Devers should have just fall down during the shoving match. He changed big mo in the Bulldog's favor going into the second half.

Between that and Mo’s fumble we should have a strangle hold on the game. Instead it could still go either way. If Fresno comes out and takes the lead to start the half they’ll have all the momentum.

How on earth do we get a delay of game after a kick?

See it happen once in a while. Team doesn’t realize the play clock starts quickly after the returner is tackled and take their time.

This offense still seems pretty vanilla. It seems like there needs to be run elements that force the defense to defend sideline to sideline to go with the inside zone.

This offense still seems pretty vanilla. It seems like there needs to be run elements that force the defense to defend sideline to sideline to go with the inside zone.
I thought we'd see some Shannon Brooks on jet sweeps occasionally, but apparently not.

I think Reyna has another turnover or two in him. He had 3 last week.

The play call would have made a lot more sense if Ibrahim was running instead of Smith. The former often gets 10+ yard runs, the latter rarely.

The former also fumbled today

Pass blocking, shakes head. Really need to get that cleaned up.

Top Bottom