Purdue and Nebraska

Is this a real thread?

That is what you have ? A putdown of another thread. Why read them if you do not like them. The mods can cut the threads they feel do not fit on the basketball forum. Or do you want just Gopher posts and nothing about the programs from the conference we play in. Damn impressive of Nebraska to sell out in the face of a incredibly bad basketball program.

That is what you have ? A putdown of another thread. Why read them if you do not like them. The mods can cut the threads they feel do not fit on the basketball forum. Or do you want just Gopher posts and nothing about the programs from the conference we play in. Damn impressive of Nebraska to sell out in the face of a incredibly bad basketball program.
Well for one when has Purdue not sold out? Also you can buy a ticket for 11 bucks on Stub hub for Nebraska's home opener. I imagine cheap tickets and living in Lincoln help with that, and to be fair they have packed their new arena. Big ten in general has strong attendance in hoops compared to the other high majors. Only league to draw over 3 million fans last year in the regular season

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Well for one when has Purdue not sold out? Also you can buy a ticket for 11 bucks on Stub hub for Nebraska's home opener. I imagine cheap tickets and living in Lincoln help with that, and to be fair they have packed their new arena. Big ten in general has strong attendance in hoops compared to the other high majors. Only league to draw over 3 million fans last year in the regular season

Check Purdue, they had not sold out every game in a really long time. Lots of Big 10 teams do not sell out every game, we do not do it and Nebraska had games that did not sell out under Miles but with Hoiberg they did it without the new arena being a novelty. We have had plenty of games where you could buy a ticket for 10 and still not sell them. Nebraska sold out this year before any games have been played. Hardly anyone has done that . MSU,UW and Minnesota have not done it.

I was not attempting to put down this thread, I do like to hear about big ten basketball in general as well but starting a thread on a gopher basketball forum that only states purdue and nebraska have sold out ticket sales.... You're right I would prefer something that at least in a way ties back to this program other than we are not as good at selling tickets than those two schools. I generally look forward to your posts but this just seems like a major troll, that is all.

I was not attempting to put down this thread, I do like to hear about big ten basketball in general as well but starting a thread on a gopher basketball forum that only states purdue and nebraska have sold out ticket sales.... You're right I would prefer something that at least in a way ties back to this program other than we are not as good at selling tickets than those two schools. I generally look forward to your posts but this just seems like a major troll, that is all.

It was a troll. Built portrays Snow White. Not the case.

Who really cares?

Now you got me checking on it and Purdue says season tickets are sold out but JPC members can still buy mini packages or single game tickets.

So technically, some tickets are still for sale. But Purdue can claim a big accomplishment.

We do like to hear news about other B1G programs, but as your follow up response indicates, it seems like you just posted this out of spite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Who really cares?

Now you got me checking on it and Purdue says season tickets are sold out but JPC members can still buy mini packages or single game tickets.

So technically, some tickets are still for sale. But Purdue can claim a big accomplishment.

We do like to hear news about other B1G programs, but as your follow up response indicates, it seems like you just posted this out of spite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not out of spite at all. Was posting after listening to Rothstein was talking about several schools not having ticket sales problems . It is pretty impressive that Nebraska did it. Those were the schools mentioned in the conference. It was not taking a shot at anyone, even pointed out that MSU, UW and Minnesota did not do it. A troll would not mention UW not being able to do it. What is it with the constant paranoia and or the never ending defensive reaction to always being protective and insulted. We have had discussions on here about how the athletic department has struggled to find a way to sell tickets, fill seats. Perhaps we could learn from Nebraska because it surely was not winning that got that done.

Some folks choose to protect things they love. And at the same time have the ability to call a spade a spade.

Some folks take opportunities to backhand. And others call it out.

Some folks choose to protect things they love. And at the same time have the ability to call a spade a spade.

Some folks take opportunities to backhand. And others call it out.

Not backhanded to point out the ticket sales cited on a show and mentioning three schools having not done the same. Facts.

It says a lot more about the exciting things you can do if you live in Nebraska or Indiana than it does about the teams. #dreadfulplacestolive

Not out of spite at all. Was posting after listening to Rothstein was talking about several schools not having ticket sales problems . It is pretty impressive that Nebraska did it. Those were the schools mentioned in the conference. It was not taking a shot at anyone, even pointed out that MSU, UW and Minnesota did not do it. A troll would not mention UW not being able to do it. What is it with the constant paranoia and or the never ending defensive reaction to always being protective and insulted. We have had discussions on here about how the athletic department has struggled to find a way to sell tickets, fill seats. Perhaps we could learn from Nebraska because it surely was not winning that got that done.
What else is there to do on a Tuesday in Lincoln? USHL hockey?

lets see how nebraska does next year...after the hype wears off

What else is there to do on a Tuesday in Lincoln? USHL hockey?

You ever been to one of those games? I have. Sat in a “suite”. Free food and alcohol. Was absolutely awful. Just a dreadful experience. Wouldn’t wish it on anyone.

Then highlight the strategies they have used to increase ticket sales and suggest how MN could apply to their approach and this could have been perceived as a constructive thread from the jump. Simply stating that Nebraska and Purdue have sold out doesn't really add any value to anything.

Then highlight the strategies they have used to increase ticket sales and suggest how MN could apply to their approach and this could have been perceived as a constructive thread from the jump. Simply stating that Nebraska and Purdue have sold out doesn't really add any value to anything.

The only thing i know that they did was hire a coach that energized the base. They got the guy they wanted. Perhaps they did other things to entice fans that i am not aware of. In tracking how other programs did it, they built a culture and then they won big.

West Lafayette and Lincoln provide no other entertainment. It doesn't surprise me that they sell out.

West Lafayette and Lincoln provide no other entertainment. It doesn't surprise me that they sell out.

Agree that there are not other attractions but per capita it is really great as others in their situation do not get that done.

Has UVa sold out every game yet?

I'm always going to take Nebraska selling out anything with a grain of salt. There are virtually no alternatives for upper level sports there. If you kept every variable the same (team, coach, arena, history, etc.) but added 6 (?) professional sports teams to Lincoln, I guarantee their attendance would be eerily similar to the Gophers.

Perhaps they did other things to entice fans that i am not aware of.

Well, yeah, they built a brand new arena. They are still selling out in some part because of that.

That said, selling out is impressive. Not all new arenas mean instant sellouts (see DePaul).

I'm always going to take Nebraska selling out anything with a grain of salt. There are virtually no alternatives for upper level sports there. If you kept every variable the same (team, coach, arena, history, etc.) but added 6 (?) professional sports teams to Lincoln, I guarantee their attendance would be eerily similar to the Gophers.

You wouldn't need to add 6. If you just one of an NHL or NBA team it would change dramatically.

Many places with the only show in town do not sell out and they have been nothing but mediocre.

Top Bottom