After Fleck, Craig Bohl?

I thought Bohl's buyout at Wyoming was huge ... and Bohl didn't care because he had no plans to go anywhere else.

I had to look at the date to figure out if this was really being posted in 2019?

Craig Bohl?

The same Craig Bohl who is under .500 at Wyoming, who has been to two dinky bowl games in six seasons at Wyoming? The same Craig Bohl who thought they'd make a run at a NY6 game last year as a Group of Five and then went 6-6? That guy?

Nah, we're good.

We actually have a guy who did take a Group of Five to a NY6 game and won two conference titles in four years.

Last edited:

“If the Gophers don’t win more, then I don’t think the Gophers will win more”

What an exceedingly hot take.

Which is hotter, this take or the poster’s chili?

Bohl won’t be here after Fleck. If Fleck does well I expect him to remain at Minnesota because Minnesota football is actually very wealthy due to all the Big Ten money. Minnesota could easily double his salary to Brohm/Ferentz levels if the results on field and in the seats warrant it.

Bohl probably gets to claim Carson Wentz (raw FCS dude who became a polished pro prospect) more than Josh Allen (super talented but raw and underperforming college QB)

After Bohl, I expect Zack Annexstad to come back to lead the Gophers as head coach.
It will be a welcome comeback to the "Row the Boat" Era that the masses will have been clamouring for.

After Zack leaves for his NFL coaching job, Carter (CJ) Fleck will take over the position his dad held.

Just say no to this thread.

I concur.

We don't even have a thread on who the TV crew is for Saturday's game and we are going to discuss a coach who is firmly entrenched for the foreseeable future?

It's nuts.

Last edited:

Craig Bohl is 61 and I don't expect Fleck to be fired this year, so no, Bohl isn't next

considering our next coach shouldn't be in consideration.

I mentioned earlier, we should've hired Bohl years ago instead Brewster. But we didn't. Heck, he might have been fine instead of Kill, but he wasn't hired

Ship has sailed

Ditto!

Of all the ridiculous takes in this thread, the PJ Fleck gets a statue is the most.

Statues are so 20th century. He'll get a hologram.

The same Craig Bohl who is under .500 at Wyoming, who has been to two dinky bowl games in six seasons at Wyoming? The same Craig Bohl who thought they'd make a run at a NY6 game last year as a Group of Five and then went 6-6? That guy?

I’m not sure Saban could win at Wyoming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay so here's my reasoning...

1. Coached at NDSU where he had a 104-32 record and 3 consecutive FCS national titles and a TON of coach of the year awards, including one in 2016 for Mountain West Coach of the Year. Now while I don't put too much stock into non-FBS coaching records for FBS prospective coaches, the important thing here is he did it with NDSU. Minnesota is a huge recruiting state for the good Dakota teams (NDSU, SDSU, UND isn't too bad either) so I think he would fit in well here and be able to recruit here well.

2. He's coached Wyoming REALLY well. They just got done beating Mizzou, an SEC team, coached 1st rounder 7th overall QB Josh Allen who has gone on to set some NFL and Buff Bills records, has a MW division title, they had a rough season last year going 6-6 but won their last four games in a row and kept it decently close to really solid Hawaii team and a really good Utah State team. In 2017 they won their bowl game against Central Michigan.

3. They've been putting out some solid players from a place you wouldn't expect it. I mentioned Josh Allen earlier, but they've put out a lot of undrafted FA players into the NFL the past few seasons, as well as Marcus Epps to our own Vikings, Chase Roullier who starts at Center for the Redskins, and Brian Hill to the Falcons. Also senior LB Logan Wilson looks like he could be really good.

4. The rumors circulated in 2017 when Claeys was heading out the door. I still believe he would be a good fit for Minn. He could bring in Brent Vigen to OC job and I think it would work well.

So this has just been a thought I was having lately, and while you never truly know who is going to get hired or fired, much less who will be a good fit at wherever, I was thinking Bohl to gophs could be a good move when it's time to say goodbye to Fleck. Just to be clear, I don't think Fleck is a bad coach or anything, but unless there's some BIG improvements and BIG wins, then I don't think gophers will go anywhere and I think Bohl could be a good move afterward. Thoughts?
This has got to be G4L. Banned and then the next day this guy pops up?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

You guys don’t even know it, but, our next coach isn’t even born yet!

I’d want Bohl to fail.

Well yeah because you would still be pissed Claeys got fired. [emoji38]

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Faux Pelini - even if our next coach is just a Twitter feed, I'm behind it all the way.

This has got to be G4L. Banned and then the next day this guy pops up?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

G4L is banned?! Thank the Lord! Where does one find the banned list?

Getting back to your question about this being G4L #2 it’s equally as ridiculous as most of his takes.

Of all the ridiculous takes in this thread, the PJ Fleck gets a statue is the most.

Statues are so 20th century. He'll get a hologram.

I believe this: Fleck will get a statue here before Bohl gets hired here.

G4L is banned?! Thank the Lord! Where does one find the banned list?

Getting back to your question about this being G4L #2 it’s equally as ridiculous as most of his takes.

Sure, but no mention of betting or of others having no clue about college football. If it was G4L I would have suspected some praise of SDSU to have been included.

If G4L is banned, that could be for a considerable period of time.

G4L was one of only a few people who agreed with me on a regular basis.

Fleck is going to be here for the next 15 years.

If G4L is banned, that could be for a considerable period of time.

G4L was one of only a few people who agreed with me on a regular basis.

The difference is that you tend to make sense and not hurl the vitriolic insults that G4L did.

I am glad they pay his car insurance. Not sure where he’d come up with that $100/month.

I think a lot of these weird tidbits they throw in are just because as far as the school is concerned throwing the school car on the insurance is standard practice anyhow.

As someone else said, Bohl would have been a better choice than Brewster a dozen years ago when Bohl was still in his prime (age 49). That's ancient history now. But then again, who am I to talk...I still think Mason should have been allowed to coach in TCF, the house he helped build.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Brilliant! If he turns it down, maybe we can get Dabo.

Uh, no way, man...From all comment boards and internet posts I've read it appears the best coach on the planet is Glenn Caruso. Surely a jump from DIII to P5 football is the wisest choice, so I'm lead to believe.

I heard Ditka's been talking about returning to coaching. Maybe when Bohl moves on from coaching the Gophers we can get him.

Top Bottom