Official announcement from the U: Jarvis Johnson Joins Gopher Men’s Basketball Staff

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the U:

After completing his undergraduate degree as a member of the Maroon and Gold, Jarvis Johnson has joined the Minnesota men's basketball staff as a graduate manager, head coach Richard Pitino announced Tuesday.

Johnson, who graduated with a bachelor's degree in youth studies this summer, will continue to work with the team while pursuing his master's degree in youth development leadership.

"We are excited about the addition of Jarvis Johnson to our staff," said Pitino. "Jarvis has been a valuable member of our program over the last four years and I look forward to him making us better in the future. He loves the Maroon and Gold."

After a standout prep career at DeLaSalle High School in Minneapolis, Johnson joined the Gophers in 2015 but did not play due to a medical condition. Johnson remained on the bench all four years as a member of the team.

He joins second-year graduate student John Oliver as the team's graduate manager staff.

https://gophersports.com/news/2019/9/4/jarvis-johnson-joins-gopher-mens-basketball-staff.aspx

Go Gophers!!

Hopefully Jarvis can impart some of that love to the in state talent

Hopefully Jarvis can impart some of that love to the in state talent

Exactly what I was thinking. He can be a great unofficial official (shout out to the common wealth) basketball ambassador for the state of MN.

Way to go, JJ!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom