Minnesota OC Kirk Ciarrocca says offense was 'just a little off' in season opener

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Dave:

Minnesota offensive coordinator Kirk Ciarrocca shared the same underwhelming feeling for his offense in the first game. While talking to the press Wednesday, he argued his unit didn’t possess enough attention to detail.

“I didn’t like our details with it, and to me, that starts with taking care of the ball, and then playing really hard. And then I want to see the details,” Ciarrocca said according to 247Sports. “I thought we were just a little off, and it wasn’t like one particular guy. It was somebody here, somebody there, and that caused a couple of drive stops, especially in the second half.”

Minnesota posted just 308 offensive yards in the victory Saturday, which was ranked 11th-best in the B1G this past week. The Golden Gophers were not even close to cracking the Top 10 as the next closest team had more than 400 yards of offense.

https://saturdaytradition.com/minne...fense-was-just-a-little-off-in-season-opener/

Go Gophers!!

I don't expect Kirk to spill the beans on details. Still worried about choices that game and not making SDSU adjust ...

Hopefully we see more of the offense from late last year on Saturday.

It's true - if a few small things had been different that would have been a very different game. Of course SDSU could make the same claim. So coach, let's not try to make a little improvement, instead let's be a lot better!

It's true - if a few small things had been different that would have been a very different game. Of course SDSU could make the same claim. So coach, let's not try to make a little improvement, instead let's be a lot better!

Sorry no, little improvements only!

Row the boat ... gently!

I would like to see the ball run outside of the tackles occasionally.

I think offense will get on track, I'm more worried about defense, especially early down

Felt like every 1st down they got 7-9 yards, including several wide open quick hitters

The service module oxygen tank on Apollo 13 was "just a little off."

For all the complaining about Limegrover's offense being predictable, I thought the Gophers were really a one-note team against SDSU. Hopefully, that was by design.

But, after the talk in the off-season about getting the playmakers in a position to make plays, teasing Rodney in different sets, etc, the Gophers came out and ran a boring offense.

i get the idea about not showing everything in week #1. but at some point, you've got to try it against another team to see if it works. This week might be a perfect time. with the late kickoff, I'm not sure how many people will be watching. (I certainly won't - don't get CBS SN on my cable system...)

To quote my favorite secret agent Missed it .... by that much.

The service module oxygen tank on Apollo 13 was "just a little off."

Ha, yeah it could have been worse I suppose. Disaster averted.

Underwhelming is probably the word I’m looking for. We’re probably not going to get a Jim Mora or Burnsie-type press conference out of Kirk and co.

I would like to see the ball run outside of the tackles occasionally.

Normally I would agree. But against SDSU, that would have meant losing yards instead of gaining one or two on our constant RUTM plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Playing hard is a detail? Execution is a detail, being assignment sharp is a detail, valuing the ball is a detail. Playing hard is a basic mindset and attitude. His OL was apprehensive, they looked soft. Not a detail.

Last edited:

Top Bottom