Rodney Smith starting to look like his old self. But red mohawk is new

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

There was no missing Gophers running back Rodney Smith’s drastic hairstyle change from before the U’s season-opening win over South Dakota State last week. He replaced his black fade with a red-dyed mohawk.

When Smith, a sixth-year senior this fall, sat out most of the 2018 season with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, he dove deeper into his love for the “Sonic the Hedgehog” animated catalog. He started to favor Shadow, Sonic’s rival, who features red quills down the middle of his head.

Smith draws comparisons — up to a point — between himself and Shadow on what the senior from Jonesboro, Ga., had overcome over the past year.

“(Shadow is) the one that people don’t really talk about,” Smith said. “I’m not saying that I’m the forgotten one, but just being injured and taking a step back away from the game, he was kind of my inspiration to get through the rehab process.”

Smith thought his fifth season would be his last at the U in 2018, so he gravitated toward Shadow’s often-ruthless way as he found an avenue back to the field for a sixth year.

“He’s the dark side of Sonic,” Smith explained. “Sonic is happy go lucky; Shadow is more of get the job done at all costs. That was just my mindset throughout my rehabilitation.”

https://www.wctrib.com/sports/footb...look-like-his-old-self.-But-red-mohawk-is-new.

Go Gophers!!

Having both Rodney and Mo available is great, for this game especially, what with the heat in Fresno. And I hope we see a little more wildcat as well.

Having both Rodney and Mo available is great, for this game especially, what with the heat in Fresno. And I hope we see a little more wildcat as well.

Great point with the wildcat. It was so effective last season. I was really surprised to see how little it was used against South Dakota State. It is the best evidence of the viewpoint that "Gopher coaching wasn't going to open the playbook for an FCS opponent and instead would play a vanilla gameplan as to not give anything away to future opponents."

Great point with the wildcat. It was so effective last season. I was really surprised to see how little it was used against South Dakota State. It is the best evidence of the viewpoint that "Gopher coaching wasn't going to open the playbook for an FCS opponent and instead would play a vanilla gameplan as to not give anything away to future opponents."

Down 1 in the fourth quarter and they still stuck with vanilla. PJ's response, "Vanilla is a classic!"

It's forecast to be about 80 degrees at game time and low 70s by the end. I don't think the heat is really a factor here.

It will likely be between 87-77 degrees from kickoff to finish. Shouldn't be too bad but something to pay attention to.

Do we know what the dew point will be?

It will likely be between 87-77 degrees from kickoff to finish. Shouldn't be too bad but something to pay attention to.

According to the hourly weather I am looking at (wunderground), the kickoff temp will be about 82 degrees and at the final horn it should be about 72 degrees (pretty much what Ski U Master said). However, it looks like a NW wind blowing at 20 mph throughout the game so even if the temps are higher than predicted the wind would make it feel cooler AND the wind in general looks to be a much bigger factor on game play than the temperature.

According to the hourly weather I am looking at (wunderground), the kickoff temp will be about 82 degrees and at the final horn it should be about 72 degrees (pretty much what Ski U Master said). However, it looks like a NW wind blowing at 20 mph throughout the game so even if the temps are higher than predicted the wind would make it feel cooler AND the wind in general looks to be a much bigger factor on game play than the temperature.

You're right.

Although throughout this past week the temp has only dropped about 5 degrees from the high to 7PM and most forecasts have the high currently at 92 which is how I got 87. But if it's closer to 82 then even better. Thats not bad at all.

It's not the heat, it's the humility!

Top Bottom