Gopher Game Recording/Stream options

upnorthkid

Reaction score
Hey all. Quick question regarding general Gopher recording. Typically I DVR games using my Roku via Xfinity for ones I can't watch live and turns out I have to work late again this coming Saturday and the game is on a non-provided channel with my package. Anyone know of any online resources who have viewings of the games after they're played? Thanks!

Upgrade your subscription for 1 month or get a free trial to YouTube TV, Fubo, Hulu, or PlayStation Vue.

YTTv has one week free trial... tangent for those interested in streaming:

We changed to YouTube TV and have to say I’m quite satisfied. Went from
DirectTV (traditional dish service) to PlayStation Vue which was ok but the live tv locals and games had poor quality at times. They also instituted recent UI changes that introduced bugs that made it irritating/inoperable. YouTubeTV rivals DirectTV picture quality and the DVR >> PSvue DVR which has a very odd algorithm (trust me). The user interface is the best I’ve seen so far. No bugs/crashes thus far (on Roku Ultra).

It is extremely easy to record sporting events today and in the future for whatever programs you follow. It has all the sport channels except NFL which I don’t care about,at this point in my life.

The caveat to this, and I am far from an IT expert, is that the streaming quality differences may be geographical to some extent - some seem to have no issues with PSvue while we did. YMMV. The DVR and UI will keep m from going back.

I also enjoy being able to discontinue these streaming services without a drawn out battle over the phone... as a long time devotee of satellite quality and whole home DVR this is a big change for me but overall happy with streaming/Roku Ultra setup thus far.

Last edited:

I feel like that would take me to a very strange and dark corner of the internet.

Reddit streams rule. I watch the Twins every night with a crystal clear game from there and you can pretty much find most college games. Basically deal with either 0 (or maybe 1) popup, but it's not some janky pirate stream.

How embarrassing! I called up Xfinity/Comcast to complain that the Gophers vs Fresno State is not on CBS Sports Network, but instead it is Wake Fortest against Rice. I was about to give the agent an earful when he said, "Sir, do you know what day it is today?" Yikes!!!I had to apologize. After three beers and three hours of sleep last night, I got disoriented and thought today is Saturday! :confused::rolleyes:

I guess I am just too pumped up to watch the game. Now, I have to buy beer again tomorrow.

Thanks for the laugh. I make stupid calls to Xfinity more often than I would like to admit.

Reddit streams rule. I watch the Twins every night with a crystal clear game from there and you can pretty much find most college games. Basically deal with either 0 (or maybe 1) popup, but it's not some janky pirate stream.

Yup my buddy just showed me these. Huge game changer since I got rid of cable. Even more options are n here and the quality is great.

Top Bottom