Week 2 - Other games - thread

Check out the win probability for the Colorado vs Nebraska game:
WinProb.jpg

SDSU a juggernaut up 7-3 in 3rd quarter against LIU Post, and have rolled up 83 total yards. We beat a team last week that could probably beat most teams in the Big Ten.

Let’s celebrate a loss by Nebraska, a Big Ten West team, which will just strengthen our schedule and post-season bid standing should we beat them. Oh, wait, that really does nothing to help the Gophs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SDSU a juggernaut up 7-3 in 3rd quarter against LIU Post, and have rolled up 83 total yards. We beat a team last week that could probably beat most teams in the Big Ten.

Let’s celebrate a loss by Nebraska, a Big Ten West team, which will just strengthen our schedule and post-season bid standing should we beat them. Oh, wait, that really does nothing to help the Gophs.

Maybe SDSU isn't opening up the playbook.

Slow your roll bud. It’s early in the season and we got a long one ahead of us

So the world must be coming to an end since Nebraska won’t go undefeated this year!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For some reason, Gibbs (their starting QB) doesn’t show up in the box score. He must be injured.

Last edited:

Slow your roll bud. It’s early in the season and we got a long one ahead of us

Im not concerned... I think it’s funny to watch people rationalize last week (SDSU a really good team...), celebrate a loss by a conference team, etc. should just call it like it is, Gophs looked bad last week against an FCS team. Doesn’t make us a bad team, but no need to rationalize it. And, makes no sense to celebrate a Nebraska loss in non-conference. That doesn’t help any Big Ten West team.

Im not concerned... I think it’s funny to watch people rationalize last week (SDSU a really good team...), celebrate a loss by a conference team, etc. should just call it like it is, Gophs looked bad last week against an FCS team. Doesn’t make us a bad team, but no need to rationalize it. And, makes no sense to celebrate a Nebraska loss in non-conference. That doesn’t help any Big Ten West team.

I was very concerned by how they played in last weeks win. I also don't think that Nebraska's loss is truly going to affect our bowl selection other than potentially improve it because we have a better record than they do. If we're capable of getting in the territory where SoS actually matters for bowl selection I don't think Nebraska's record is going to matter. Meanwhile, there just seems to be this grand consensus that Purdue and Nebraska made substantially better coaching hires, and a lot of trash coming from the other two teams, that it just makes me happy to see Brohm and Frost taken down a notch in consecutive weeks.

SDSU 33 yards rushing on 14 carries near halftime vs Long Island University.

Looks like two defensive juggernauts trading body blows. Special teams TD and SDSU goes up 14-3.

Total yards LIU 59 SDSU 127 in the early going. We softened them up.

Last edited:

Man.....what's happened to Florida State? After letting Boise State claw their way back for a win last week....they are now at risk of losing to UL Monroe who just took a 35-31 lead with about 7:30 left in the game.

Man.....what's happened to Florida State? After letting Boise State claw their way back for a win last week....they are now at risk of losing to UL Monroe who just took a 35-31 lead with about 7:30 left in the game.

Willie Taggart

Agree with everything about last week’s debacle but loved seeing Frost’s crew completely blow it. Simply despise a cosch who plays a kid who faces charges like Washington does.

Yeah....I really don't see how Nebraska losing benefits us. However....they've come into the season with some unwarranted hype....so I don't mind that they were knocked down a notch.

GSU 16
Maine 3

Late in the 3rd Q.

I’d rather Wisconsin fall on its face but Neb will have to do.

Texas has had 4th and goal inside the 3 twice and failed to convert either of them.

I don’t think it’s even related to the Gophers’ ugly win last week as much as it’s the gratification of seeing a team that seemed to be receiving a ton of undue hype over the offseason lose their second game of the year against a team they were predicted to beat.

This announcer Herzlich for the FSU/UL Monroe game has a legit Mohawk. Cultural appropriation?

For what it's worth, our beloved Jacks have pulled out to a 21-3 lead at halftime with their second string QB starting.

I don’t think it’s even related to the Gophers’ ugly win last week as much as it’s the gratification of seeing a team that seemed to be receiving a ton of undue hype over the offseason lose their second game of the year against a team they were predicted to beat.

+1

Im not concerned... I think it’s funny to watch people rationalize last week (SDSU a really good team...),

I read somewhere they are a B1G 10 caliber team. Nothing concerning about that game.

I have to believe Huskers had a better chance at first down than the field goal. Rotten of Frost to put it on the punter.

Agreed. That 48-yds FG had very low probability.

Top Bottom