Massey Ratings

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
I know we are big on Sagarin rankings on this forum, but for this weekend's matchup, we are #34 against #35 Fresno St.

I prefer Sagarin because it ranks FCS and FBS, unlike Massey which is FBS only.

https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/fbs/ratings

GA Southern is 82

That would actually be a good reason to favor Massey.

Georgia Southern (Not State) is on the outside looking in to The Bottom Ten.

I like both the Sagarin and Massey ratings. The nice thing about the Massey Ratings is that it combines about 40 different polls and combines the for an average.

There are 40 polls? No way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Massey still has the Gophers with a 14 point win. It just goes to show how all these power polls are wrong!!!!!!!!! :cool:

We’re up to #20 in the Massey rating, which is a lot higher than I expected. Our strength of schedule is #25, which only trails NW in the conference, who has only played one game.

Big Ten Ratings:

OSU: 5
PSU: 10
Iowa: 11
Mich: 12
Wisc: 16
Minn: 20
MSU: 25
Maryland: 26
NW: 32
Purd: 43
Neb: 55
Ind: 56
Ill: 80
Rut: 93

GSU is #76

SOS:

NW 6
Minn: 25
Purd: 41
Mich: 44
OSU: 48
Rut: 53
Neb: 63
Maryland: 75
Iowa: 76
MSU: 90
Wisc: 91
PSU: 93
Ill: 115
Ind: 120

I looked at sagarin briefly,

we are locked in at #39, interestingly Neb is at 60 with SDSU right behind them at 61. I still believe that the SDSU win will look pretty good at the end of the season regardless of FCS opponent or not.

We’re up to #20 in the Massey rating, which is a lot higher than I expected. Our strength of schedule is #25, which only trails NW in the conference, who has only played one game.

Big Ten Ratings:

OSU: 5
PSU: 10
Iowa: 11
Mich: 12
Wisc: 16
Minn: 20
MSU: 25
Maryland: 26
NW: 32
Purd: 43
Neb: 55
Ind: 56
Ill: 80
Rut: 93

GSU is #76

SOS:

NW 6
Minn: 25
Purd: 41
Mich: 44
OSU: 48
Rut: 53
Neb: 63
Maryland: 75
Iowa: 76
MSU: 90
Wisc: 91
PSU: 93
Ill: 115
Ind: 120

Minnesota is playing the textbook OOC schedule to earn the love of computers and an eye-roll from fans and the media. Doesn't surprise me one bit that Minnesota's computer profile is far ahead of human rankings which often just see names and scores and don't account for how good the mid-majors the Gophers drew are.

Minnesota is playing the textbook OOC schedule to earn the love of computers and an eye-roll from fans and the media. Doesn't surprise me one bit that Minnesota's computer profile is far ahead of human rankings which often just see names and scores and don't account for how good the mid-majors the Gophers drew are.

Yep, we probably would have been better off blowing out #101 Kansas and #109 Oregon State, as far as human rankings go.

Yep, we probably would have been better off blowing out #101 Kansas and #109 Oregon State, as far as human rankings go.

UCLA and Tennessee as well!

I know we are big on Sagarin rankings on this forum, but for this weekend's matchup, we are #34 against #35 Fresno St.

I prefer Sagarin because it ranks FCS and FBS, unlike Massey which is FBS only.

GA Southern is 82

I think you should use both Massey and Sagarin. Match the 2 predictions do a quick average in your head and you've got a pritty good point matchup score.

MASSY Head to Head matchup calculator https://www.masseyratings.com/game.php?s=cf2019&sub=11604

OR

ALL the games for the week matchups, score prediction, rankings all in one.

https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/fbs/games

Last edited:

Shocking to me to see media darling Nebraska at 62. There has to be a lot of angst in Lincoln.

I looked at sagarin briefly,

we are locked in at #39, interestingly Neb is at 60 with SDSU right behind them at 61. I still believe that the SDSU win will look pretty good at the end of the season regardless of FCS opponent or not.

The SDSU game was weird for me. To me, it didn't look like we played down to an opponent. I think we had more talent, especially on the outside, but this wasn't like the USD game or NMSU game or anything like that. I think they would be a really strong MAC team. I could be wrong.

The SDSU game was weird for me. To me, it didn't look like we played down to an opponent. I think we had more talent, especially on the outside, but this wasn't like the USD game or NMSU game or anything like that. I think they would be a really strong MAC team. I could be wrong.

They certainly didn't look untalented, and they were matching up with almost everything we threw at them outside of Bateman. I was impressed with some of their backs as well, they seemed like they easily could have started at a G5 school or be a rotational back at a P5 school.

I think that NDSU & maybe SDSU could play in the MAC or Mt. West and be alright, but the neither has offered either of them a spot. Also do they have enough sports, proper falsities and money to move up to theG5 FBS level? Both the Mt. West and MAC have 12 teams & I haven't head either of those conferences talk about expanshion

After seeing both SDSU and Fresno, I can’t say definitively which of those teams is better. We certainly moved the ball more effectively against Fresno. Fresno is probably better offensively, at least.

I’m thinking SDSU might be the first FCS team invited to the CFP.

#23 Massey rating.

Honestly, when I look through this ranking, it makes more logical sense that Sagarin and some of the others. I’m not saying that just because they have the Gophers ranked the highest.

They have us beating Illinois 41-24, with an 87% chance of winning.

https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/fbs/games?dt=20191005

Sagarin doesn’t give the Gophers much love at all.

Sagarin doesn’t give the Gophers much love at all.

When we were behind Fresnk State at 3-0, with a road win at Fresno, and Fresno was 1-2 with it's only win to Sacramento State (or whoever it was), that told me everything I needed to know about Sagarin.

Interesting that Massey has Minnesota with the 3rd toughest Strength of Schedule in the BG10 so far at #28. Purdue at #27 and Northwestern at #7.

Fresno ranked #47 overall.
Purdue ranked #72
GSU ranked #88 (better than Illinois @ 102 and Rutgers @ 109)
Jackrabbits not ranked in FBS, but the matchup tool has them with a probability of beating Rutgers (75%), Illinois (64%) and Georgia Southern (54%). Illinois seems to be underrated here - or maybe that's just my memory from last year's horrific game.

Massey has us at 18. One above Wisconsin, 3 above Michigan.

Maryland game prediction is 37-24. 82% chance of winning.

Top Bottom