Kamal Martin is back in the lineup.

Offense
Left Tackle - 70 Sam Schlueter - 79 Jason Dickson

Left Guard - 64 Blaise Andries - 60 John Michael Schmitz - 67 Nate Umlor

Center - 64 Conner Olson - 60 John Michael Schmitz

Right Guard - 51 Curtis Dunlap Jr. - 60 John Michael Schmitz - 67 Nate Umlor

Right Tackle - 78 Daniel Faalele - 74 Kyle Sassack

Quarterback - 2 Tanner Morgan - 14 Cole Kramer OR 15 Jacob Clark

Tailback - 1 Rodney Smith OR 24 Mohamed Ibrahim - 21 Bryce Williams OR 3 Cam Wiley

Tight End - 80 Jake Paulson - 42 Ko Kieft OR 85 Bryce Witham OR 88 Brevyn Spann-Ford

Wide Receiver - 13 Rashod Bateman - 17 Seth Green

Wide Receiver - 7 Chris Autman-Bell OR 82 Demetrius Douglas - 83 Harry Van Dyne

Wide Receiver - 6 Tyler Johnson - 18 Clay Geary

Defense
D-End - 46 Winston DeLattiboudere - 9 Esezi Otomewo

Tackle - 90 Sam Renner - 19 Keonte Schad

Tackle - 18 Micah Dew-Treadway - 52 Jamaal Teague OR 91 Noah Hickcox

R-End - 45 Carter Coughlin - 12 Tai'yon Devers OR 69 Boye Mafe

Linebacker - 41 Thomas Barber - 55 Mariano Sori-Marin

Linebacker - 21 Kamal Martin - 8 Thomas Rush OR 14 Braelen Oliver

Defensive Back - 31 Kiondre Thomas OR 25 Benjamin St-Juste

Defensive Back - 11 Antoine Winfield Jr. - 1 Calvin Swenson

Defensive Back - 23 Jordan Howden - 27 Tyler Nubin OR 22 Benny Sapp III

Defensive Back - 16 Coney Durr OR 4 Terell Smith OR 2 Phillip Howard

Defensive Back - 6 Chris Williamson - 26 Justus Harris

Special Teams
Kicker - 38 Michael Lantz OR 34 Brock Walker

Punter - 47 Jacob Herbers - 46 Alex Melvin

Long Snapper - 37 Brady Weeks - 39 Michael Vojvodich

Kick Return - 1 Rodney Smith OR 82 Demetrius Douglas

Punt Return - 11 Antoine Winfield Jr. OR 82 Demetrius Douglas

Holder - 47 Jacob Herbers - 46 Alex Melvin - 14 Casey O’Brien

Last edited:

Did Fleck say that Martin is going to play this week?

Correct, same depth chart as last week.

I wonder if OL struggles through first 3 if they'll make any changes

If we see similar struggles along the lines in game 2 as we saw in game 1 I would think they would start to explore some changes in personnel to try and shore it up.

Correct, same depth chart as last week.

I wonder if OL struggles through first 3 if they'll make any changes

I don't think it's deep enough to.

Hoping for Jason Dickson and Kyle Sassack to play is probably not something any Gopher fan should be wishing for on Saturday.

I don't think it's deep enough to.

Hoping for Jason Dickson and Kyle Sassack to play is probably not something any Gopher fan should be wishing for on Saturday.

I think likely scenario would be move Andries to LT, Olson to LG, and start Schmitz

What about swapping Andries and Dunlop. Or would that expose the left side too much? I feel like Faalele would benefit from being next to Andries experience.

I think likely scenario would be move Andries to LT, Olson to LG, and start Schmitz

I don't know if that solves much. Andries, Dunlap and Faalele all made several mistakes last game. It wasn't just Schlueter.

What about swapping Andries and Dunlop. Or would that expose the left side too much? I feel like Faalele would benefit from being next to Andries experience.

I would just keep the same starting 5 that has been practicing together for all of spring and fall camp. Need to just develop some cohesion and thats not going to happen if we keep mixing it up.

I don't know if that solves much. Andries, Dunlap and Faalele all made several mistakes last game. It wasn't just Schlueter.

I know, I'm just using conjecture on what they'd change IF they changed

I would just keep the same starting 5 that has been practicing together for all of spring and fall camp. Need to just develop some cohesion and that's not going to happen if we keep mixing it up.

Nah, that's no fun. I say shake it up and see who comes out where and in what order. It's like playing Boggle.

Can't make major changes to the players base on one game. I would think after this week and the following week we need to get our players in the best position that they can play.

If I were a coach, I would go through OOC without making too many changes (obviously do the stuff to make sure you win, but other than that not a lot) and then reassess before conference play with the three OOC games as evidence.

I would just keep the same starting 5 that has been practicing together for all of spring and fall camp. Need to just develop some cohesion and thats not going to happen if we keep mixing it up.

I agree. Often a line doesn't really start to gel until like the third game.

Regards,

Chris

I agree. Often a line doesn't really start to gel until like the third game.

Regards,

Chris

How true. Connor Olson needs to be at the level of Jared Weyler making Offensive Line adjustments or calling their plays. The line need to stay together and gain cohesive experience. Fine, you can tweak it a little.

On another note, there are only 16 Offensive linemen listed on the current roster while Iowa has 22. This is such an important group if we were to launch any offense. I'd say you can't go wrong by taking three OLs every year. They need time to develop, and we need good team depth.

Top Bottom