If Minnehaha Academy became a Division 1 College Basketball School....

Otis

Reaction score
What would they be ranked in 3 years with no players leaving early for the pros?

Would they be ranked ahead of the Gophers?

MSU?

Duke?

What would they be ranked in 3 years with no players leaving early for the pros?

MSU?

Duke?

Great question. Absolutely ahead of most big10 teams. Who coaches them?

Are you talking about them having a team of 18-22 year old college players or are you talking about them having 16-18 year old high school players, going against college teams? Or are you talking about them getting the high school kids they have now and keeping them for 5-6 years, through their college senior seasons?

Are you talking about them having a team of 18-22 year old college players or are you talking about them having 16-18 year old high school players, going against college teams? Or are you talking about them getting the high school kids they have now and keeping them for 5-6 years, through their college senior seasons?

I think he means all the current Minnehaha players are 3 years older and still on the same team.

MSU?

Duke?

If they all stayed they would have a chance to develop into a ranked team. There would be several schools with more talent.

Well Chet, Suggs, Prince and Carter would be a great nucleus. They gave a 2023 kid who can really score it too. Suppose some of those football guys could play at the low major level.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

MSU?

Duke?

They should all commit to the Gophers so we can find out how far they can go.

Is Suggs still in play ? Also, there is a really strong chance that someone in that group will not be a high level performer. We ran data on top 50 ranked players and way more than half did not turn out to be significant power conference player. So unpredictable. What is clear is that Minnehaha should win every game in this state by 30 points.

Is Suggs still in play ? Also, there is a really strong chance that someone in that group will not be a high level performer. We ran data on top 50 ranked players and way more than half did not turn out to be significant power conference player. So unpredictable. What is clear is that Minnehaha should win every game in this state by 30 points.
I don't think we will get Suggs but as far as I know he plans to play basketball, do if assume he's count in this hypothetical

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Without any insight at all, everyone i talk to says it is basketball only.

I'm sorry for being a little obscure.

I meant the players they have now, Suggs, Chet, Aligbe, and Carter are all 3 years older. They hire a mid level coach who can recruit at a mid level B1G level and sign enough guys to fill out the roster. Maybe Suggs and Chet draw a few 4* and high level 3* to come to the school, how hard could that be? ;)

Point is, the nucleus is probably that of a team ranked above the Gophers. They should not lose a game this year.

I have watched Aligbe play many times. 4 stars ****?? Don’t see it yet. 6’4 guard not a great shooter ok handle. He is young!

Thought the Star ran some article about this being the best high school team in state history ! Have they lost twice already or not ? I know about injuries but part of being great is being available.

They just added a pair of D1 caliber players who happen to be the sons of Master P. Hercy and Mercy I think there names are. No, this isn’t a joke.

Hercy has an offer apparently from USC. Not much info on Hercy on Rivals or 247. Feel bad some kids will lose playing time there.

Depth would be their issue

I have watched Aligbe play many times. 4 stars ****?? Don’t see it yet. 6’4 guard not a great shooter ok handle. He is young!

According to 247 he is 6-6 SF? Has 2 years to grow in height and ability. Ranked 56th in the country.

They might try moving up to 4AA In high school before D1

He is not 6’6. More often than not in high school by now you show signs either you can shoot or you can’t. Small forwards need to shoot and handle the ball. Centers is college shoot. I have never seen him stick jumpers.

Too bad the state doesn’t still have that sweet 16 style playoff system from the mid-90’s. You’d have that Hoosiers type matchup possibility. You could have the coaches and/or sports writers vote on class champions at the end of the year, so there still would be class champions and one final king of the hill winning it all.

I think this would really spur fan interest in the tourney.

Hercy Miller is a Junior but on line it says he will turn 18 in March old junior if that’s the case. Minnehaha Red Shirts.

They would suck because all of the good players would have went to an out of state school.

Best 3A team ever. The HAHa hype train got derailed. You start believing all the hype things happen.

Ep coach very underrated. They've beat every good team this year 3a and 4a. Pressure is on them to win state

Top Bottom