Fresno State Bark Board

It's funny. As much as the CBS commentators talked about Reyna having more arm strength than Morgan, it was his lack of arm strength that led to the INT.

It's funny. As much as the CBS commentators talked about Reyna having more arm strength than Morgan, it was his lack of arm strength that led to the INT.

I don’t think it was lack of arm strength- I just don’t think he saw AW11 and put it out for his receiver to run under it. From the TV angle I didn’t see AW at all when the ball was released and actually screamed “no” at the TV prior to him entering the scene like a launched rocket to steal the victory from the dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were trash-talking my comments about their quarterback making boneheaded decisions and the fact that they looked like a beatable team.

Two ints and one W later. I feel pretty vindicated.

I’m sure you were very classy and represented our state in a tasteful manner.

I don’t think it was lack of arm strength- I just don’t think he saw AW11 and put it out for his receiver to run under it. From the TV angle I didn’t see AW at all when the ball was released and actually screamed “no” at the TV prior to him entering the scene like a launched rocket to steal the victory from the dogs.

Same. I saw the pass and thought, "He's wide open and there's no way he's going to drop it." Then there was this white-and-gold flash and we had won the game.

JTG

"Screamed, 'No'"? I was too emotionally spent. I had time for a quiet, "Oh, ****," before I went, "Did that just really happen?" What a great way to end a game that had so many bone-headed plays. Can't imagine the rational for suddenly inserting Green on first down when your offense was back to working.

"Screamed, 'No'"? I was too emotionally spent. I had time for a quiet, "Oh, ****," before I went, "Did that just really happen?" What a great way to end a game that had so many bone-headed plays. Can't imagine the rational for suddenly inserting Green on first down when your offense was back to working.

Certainly one of the more curious calls by Kirk for the game

I thought there were some pretty complimentary remarks in the Fresno game thread, especially about Tanner. My favorites:

"Their QB doesn't throw often, but he's accurate when he does"

"That was a great play by their QB. That ends up a sack more often than not."

"Crazy. Great play by them"

"Minnesota seems to get these plays against us at every opportune moment."

"Minnesota 3rd and 4th down conversions have been supernatural this game."

"Their qb has balls of steal. Ours has none."

Reyna's issue on both his Int against us and the one against USC is he throws late and soft. If he throws on time his throws are fine. If he is going to throw late then he needs to zip the pass and not lob it as much. Late and lob means time to recover for the Defense.

They were trash-talking my comments about their quarterback making boneheaded decisions and the fact that they looked like a beatable team.

Two ints and one W later. I feel pretty vindicated.
I agree even the last play, as great as Winfield was that ball hung in the air way to long, that's a TD if Morgan or most Big Ten QBs throw it

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I think he waited too long to throw it as well. And did hang it up a little. Most safeties in college football would not make that play though. Like probably 90% or more wouldn’t and couldn’t. His instincts are off the charts, as well as his understanding of the game.

Reyna's issue on both his Int against us and the one against USC is he throws late and soft. If he throws on time his throws are fine. If he is going to throw late then he needs to zip the pass and not lob it as much. Late and lob means time to recover for the Defense.

To our advantage the receiver was that wide open. Reyna was thinking to just let him run under it either not seeing Winfield or not believing Winfield could get there that quickly.

Just listened to a summary of Jeff Tedford’s presser. Impressed by the guy. I’m a fan. That team might win their next 10, or close to it.

I feel bad for the guy who was talking about taking money out of his retirement to bet on Fresno at +3.5 (though now it's +3).

That's why I'm not a fan of spreads. Especially football. Especially college football. It's fake you out, week to week. Vegas isn't still standing for no reason.

You obviously don't win as much, but I like betting simply on the team to win the game. It's simple and you cheer for the team to win, no matter how. Anyway ...

Why do you feel bad for the guy? It’s no different than retired people who use their SS or pension and play slots all day long while sucking down 20 packs of cigarettes. It’s their choice to frivolously waste their money.

Why do you feel bad for the guy? It’s no different than retired people who use their SS or pension and play slots all day long while sucking down 20 packs of cigarettes. It’s their choice to frivolously waste their money.

Besides, if he got 3.5 points he won big!

I don’t think you will get your answer considering the person you are asking is now banned here at Gopherhole. [emoji1787]

Only saw the replay, but agree. Reyna just lollipopped that ball. Guy was open and instead of trying to hit him in stride, he just lobbed it figuring it was a surefire TD. Great read by Winfield.

Only saw the replay, but agree. Reyna just lollipopped that ball. Guy was open and instead of trying to hit him in stride, he just lobbed it figuring it was a surefire TD. Great read by Winfield.

Right. Hit that receiver on the 2 yard line when he's open by 5 yards, its an easy td. Instead he lobbed it and our guy made a better play.

Top Bottom