Fleck on Coughlin: "“He is doing good, t’s just, he’s bothered...He'll be fine"

die hard gopher

Reaction score
Fleck on Coughlin: "“He is doing good, t’s just, he’s bothered...He'll be fine"

Gophers senior rush end Carter Coughlin went into the U’s injury tent during the third quarter of the season opener but returned to the field to finish the game. He ended with three tackles.

“He is doing good,” Fleck said Monday. “It’s just, he’s bothered. But he’s Carter; he’ll be fine.”

Fleck doesn’t often share many details on his players’ injuries. During fall camp, he said Coughlin was limited due to unspecified “tightness.”

I wonder if by fine, he means he'll be ready for Fresno or he'll be ready for Purdue?

It'd be huge if Coughlin, Dunlap, Williamson and Autman-Bell all are able to go for Fresno and we get Kamal back.

“Fine” like Annexstad was last season with a gimpy ankle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or Coney Durr vs Purdue
I’d rather he sit a game or two now to heal up for the BIG season.

Yeah I wanted them to pull Zack so many times last season as he limped around and took a beating.

Or Coney Durr vs Purdue
I’d rather he sit a game or two now to heal up for the BIG season.

I'm thinking he definitely should sit vs Georgia Southern. If it's more severe then sit him for Fresno as well and if its more minor then let him play through it this weekend and then get him 2 weeks rest before Purdue.

Of course we as fans have no clue on the severity or lacktherof of whatever Carter's dealing with. We don't even know what body part it is.

Hurt or injured. I’m sure CC45 wants to be out there but sometimes the best thing is rest. If he’s functional- close to 100% he’ll be out there despite any pain.

Hurt or injured. I’m sure CC45 wants to be out there but sometimes the best thing is rest. If he’s functional- close to 100% he’ll be out there despite any pain.

I agree. I believe it's more of a pain issue than it is a structural issue.

CC was still getting a lot of attention on passing downs. So unless playing him risks further injury, he should still be out there on all of the passing downs.

It's OK to speculate, but we have almost zero details with which to speculate at this time.

Missing CAB was probably a factor. SG is a big step down at WR, IMO.

There are some details...Unspecified "tightness".

We know he was limited late in Fall camp with a hamstring issue - so seems likely that is where the “tightness” is.
* speculation warning *

I agree. Rest him in the two nonconference games to heal. Even rest him against Purdue. We'd like him healed for when it counts in conference play.

We don't want another Shannon Brooks situation where you risk loosing him for the entire season.

OK, I saw Green out there a lot. Hopefully, they’ll rethink that, unless they plan on utilizing him in the wildcat more than 2 plays.

They actually need to target him at WR, run some trick plays that involve him, or ones where he tosses a pass or two. Thursday was so, so vanilla on both sides with sloppy play mixed in...I expect both to look different Saturday.

They actually need to target him at WR, run some trick plays that involve him, or ones where he tosses a pass or two. Thursday was so, so vanilla on both sides with sloppy play mixed in...I expect both to look different Saturday.

I agree with that. The missed block bugs me more than anything, but they definitely need to establish him as a threat if they’re going to keep putting him out there.

I agree with that. The missed block bugs me more than anything, but they definitely need to establish him as a threat if they’re going to keep putting him out there.

Yeah, he usually is at least solid at blocking..I didn't like that pass play very much at that time either, whiffed block made it worse. Also waiting for the set and motion wrinkles of Fleck's RPO to show up...Saturday should be a good time to start.

I recall a play at Lincoln last year where SG17 went up and got a 50/50 ball thrown down field to him. Dude is an elite athlete. I have no problem with him being out wide and would like them to throw to him in the red zone.

We know he was limited late in Fall camp with a hamstring issue - so seems likely that is where the “tightness” is.
* speculation warning *

During his press conference someone asked if he's going through the same thing as camp and Fleck said yes.
So, sounds like your speculation might be accurate.

Top Bottom